What Signature Editions do you have???

Josh500

I have only 5. Since they're so expensive, I can't really afford them, but I was thinking of getting some others. Any recommendations?

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Schindler's List

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

E.T. -- Adventures On Earth

Star Wars

On my wishlist:

TPM

Across The Stars

Battle of Heroes

HP & CoS

PoA

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My collection is complete except for Home Alone and Harry Potter Childrens Suite :)

Wow, that's a whole lot!!! And which do you enjoy "reading" most???

In order of purchase, I have

The Cowboys Overture

Escapades for Alto Saxophone and Orchestra

The Sorcerer's Stone - Children's Suite

The Chamber of Secrets

The Prisoner of Azkaban

Call Of The Champions

Battle Of The Heroes

Across The Stars

My next purchase will probably be either Summon the Heroes or the Close Encounters Excerpts.

Anthony

Signature editions?  

*dodges bullets*

I second that.

"Signature Editions" are the written orchestral scores published by Hal Leonard. And you call yourselves John Williams fans??? :mrgreen:

I don't think they are all Hal Leonard Signature Edition, but I have the suite from JFK, the 3 Harry Potter, 1941 March, Escapades from Catch Me If You Can, Excerpts from Close Encounters of the Third Kind, E.T. Adventures on Earth, Happy Birthday Variations, Raider's March, Highlights from Jurassic Park, Call of the Champions, Olympic Fanfare and Theme, Superman March, the Patriot and a lot of Star Wars too.

Signature editions?  

*dodges bullets*

I second that.

"Signature Editions" are the written orchestral scores published by Hal Leonard. And you call yourselves John Williams fans??? :mrgreen:

I do...I just always assumed people were talking about CDs...:? Can't read music anyways. Oh well.

I do...I just always assumed people were talking about CDs... Can't read music anyways. Oh well.

Yes, most of us buy or trade for John Williams CDs and the movies on DVD, but some fans who are also musicians collects sheets music.

I am unable to read music as I am not a musician, but using a MIDI program and copying the notes, I am able to make a MIDI file from a sheet music.

By the way, I know that The Sorcerer's Stone - Children's Suite is pretty rare so if somebody has it and wants to trade with me, you can PM me.

Can anybody post a listing of all the John Williams orchestral scores published by Hal Leonard ?

• 8 months later...

I have all of them (except piano reductions of Catch Me If You Can and Schindler's List, because I have them in full score), and am eagerly anticipating the next four installments (NBC Mission Theme, Sound the Bells, Flying Theme from E.T., and Suite from Jaws), which I am told from my sheet music dealer are expected around December of this year.

Can anybody post a listing of all the John Williams orchestral scores published by Hal Leonard ?

Across the Stars

Adventures On Earth

Angela's Ashes, Two Concert Pieces

Battle Of The Heroes

Call Of The Champions

Close Encounters of the Third Kind (Excerpts)

Concerto for Trumpet and Orchestra (piano reduction)

Concerto for Tuba (piano reduciton)

Cowboys Overture

Devil's Dance from The Witches Of Eastwick (solo Violin & Piano)

Dry Your Tears, Afrika

Escapades from Catch Me If You Can (alto sax orchestra or piano reduction)

Far and Away Suite

The Five Sacred Trees (Bassoon and Piano)

Flight to Neverland from Hook

Happy Birthday Variations

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - regular suite and Children's Suite

Hogwarts Forever - For Horn Quartet

Quidditch - For Brass Choir

Nimbus 2000 - For Woodwind Choir

Hymn To The Fallen

The Lanes of Limerick (Harp) - from Angela's Ashes

Liberty Fanfare

March from 1941

Midway March

Olympic Fanfare And Theme

The Patriot

Raiders March

Sabrina (Piano / Violin)

Schindler's List, Three Pieces from (orchestra or piano reduction)

Seven For Luck (Voice & Piano Reduction)

Star Spangled Banner

Star Wars Suite

Suite from J.F.K.

Summon The Heroes

Superman March

The Days Between From stepmom (Oboe And Piano)

The Olympic Spirit

The Phantom Menace Suite

Theme From The Lost World

Three Holiday Songs from Home Alone

Two Themes from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - for Solo Harp

Viktor's Tale (clarinet with orchestra or piano reduction)

...I am DYING for them to make a Born on the Fourth of July Signature Edition (end credits suite!).

I wouldn't count on it. At least for the End Credits. The SE scores are the versions Williams conducts in concert. He doesn't perform the End Credits in concert, but a different, 3-movement concert suite from the movie (Theme, Cua Viet River, The Early Days), which would be wonderful in a Signature Edition score.

I'd personally like to see SE scores of the Jurassic Park theme, maybe a suite of the concert versions from Empire of the Sun, The Reivers (narrator and orchestra), and Parade of the Slave Children, but that's probably just more wishful thinking.

:sigh:

That would be awesome, a Caddilac of the Skies Signature Edition.

Also I was on jwpepper.com and they have Sound the Bells! listed as in stock. It shows a signature edition cover, so I assume it is. The score alone's item number is 2475787 and the complete set's number is 2475786.

You know what else would be cool? Seven Years in Tibet, I actually bought the only arrangement I can find available, a John Moss concert band arrangement, which isn't too bad, but is in no way a replacement for a signature edition. I'd like a Munich suite too with Prayer for Peace, Thoughts of Home, and Remembering Munich. I just ordered a string orchestra arrangement of Prayer for Peace from Pepper, so I am excited to be getting that (doesn't ship till its October 1st release).

Its a score published by Hal Leonard that is basically exactly as Williams wrote it, and he writes a message in it describing the piece and signs off on it. Its a pretty neat thing to have! Easily recognizable by its dark blue cover. Haha, I'm horrible at explaining these things!

What about Memoirs Suite? That would be awesome! Parade of the Slave Children or Scherzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra would be cool to see. Still would love to see Escape from the City too.

ya, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone(just the suite for orchestra) came today speak of the devil. Im by the way does anyone know were i can find the recording to Nimbus 2000, and The Sorcerer's Stone, and Escapades. I cant find a trace of those recording.

that is basically exactly as Williams wrote it

not sure of that :roll: It depends on each Signature Edition, I'm pretty sure that HP3 SE was re-arranged in order to be played in live.

Signature editions?  

*dodges bullets*

I second that.

"Signature Editions" are the written orchestral scores published by Hal Leonard. And you call yourselves John Williams fans??? :)

I know you're trying to be funny, but bullshit anyways,

some of us don't even read music,

not everyone who is a JW fans has to have everything in existance, thats actually obsessive and odd.

That would be awesome, a Caddilac of the Skies Signature Edition.  

Also I was on jwpepper.com and they have Sound the Bells! listed as in stock.  It shows a signature edition cover, so I assume it is.  The score alone's item number is 2475787 and the complete set's number is 2475786.

You know what else would be cool?  Seven Years in Tibet, I actually bought the only arrangement I can find available, a John Moss concert band arrangement, which isn't too bad, but is in no way a replacement for a signature edition.  I'd like a Munich suite too with Prayer for Peace, Thoughts of Home, and Remembering Munich.  I just ordered a string orchestra arrangement of Prayer for Peace from Pepper, so I am excited to be getting that (doesn't ship till its October 1st release).

The version of Sound the Bells that you're referring to is a transcription for band. The true SE edition for orchestra is expected around December, or so I'm told. I just ordered Hatikva from Munich, but I'm holding off on Prayer for Peace until after it's released.

I'm so particular about scores, I won't buy anything that has an arranger's name next to Williams.

:)

Haha I agree with you, let me know how Hatikva is, and if you want when i get Prayer for Peace I'll send you a scan of the score or something to help you decide if you want to purchase that or not.

Deal. :)

hmm Lost World is great with all the timechanges :)

Good call. One of my personal favorite pieces and scores to read. It's the perfect crash course in conducting too!

not everyone who is a JW fans has to have everything in existance, thats actually obsessive and odd.

Oh I suppose if I could read music and compose I'd have them.

Indeed...

The version of Sound the Bells that you're referring to is a transcription for band. The true SE edition for orchestra is expected around December, or so I'm told. I just ordered Hatikva from Munich, but I'm holding off on Prayer for Peace until after it's released.  

I'm so particular about scores, I won't buy anything that has an arranger's name next to Williams.  

how did u find those KingPin. I go on Hal Leonard Constantly and nothing ever changers.

how did u find those KingPin. I go on Hal Leonard Constantly and nothing ever changers.

I emailed another music dealer to find out this information (Luck's Music Library, which already has Jaws/NBC News/Sound the Bells/E.T. Flying listed, but with no instrumentation specified, which according to LML, means that the music is coming soon, and is available once the instrumentation is up). I had been trying to get HL to give me release dates, but they aren't always reliable in responding to emails or updating the website. The Munich tracks are not technically SE scores, but HL String Orchestra scores, although they are written for strings by Williams himself as there is no arranger listed (Hatikva comes with optional wind parts). Isabel's Horse and Buggy from Stepmom is another of the String Orch scores (which is why I didn't list it in the SE list I posted above). I was fortunate enough to buy it when I did, because now it only available for rental.

Is it me or does it seem like there hasnt been anything in the SE category? It just seems that even 3 or 4 years ago Williams would arrange anything he wrote for film into a SE. Even the oboe solo for Stepmom he arranged. Do I have a small point?

Well go to jwpepper.com and type in item number 2314631 for the schindler's list score alone. The also have dry your tears afrika (24011446).

Schindler is in stock, Afrika is on backorder, so they would ship seperately but they will not charge you extra shipping for anything on backorder.

I just got Schindler's List and Hymn to the Fallen in today. Pepper is a good company, if you order before 2:30 it ships out that day and it usuall arrives 2 days later. Iordered these yesterday and now I have them both less than 24 hours later! I actually ordered Hatikvah too, that should be here tomorrow.

I really love Hymn to the Fallen, I think its a great piece!

• 2 months later...

what is the diffrence between HP suite for orch and the children suite? and whats hedwig's flight???

oo oo Jaws, Flying Theme from E.T. Sound the Bells, The Mission(NBC) are coming to SE.

I'm not quite sure what the difference is, but I found a place that has the children's suite in stock, so I am not sure what my next purchase will be. I was thinking either Sorcerer's Stone, the Children's Suite, or Two Concert Pieces from Angela's Ashes.

oo oo Jaws, Flying Theme from E.T. Sound the Bells, The Mission(NBC) are coming to SE.

when are these coming?

Nemesis

As I mentioned earlier, I am told they will arrive sometime in or around December.

what is the diffrence between HP suite for orch and the children suite? and whats hedwig's flight???

The Suite is four movements for full orchestra (except Nimbus 2000, which is for woodwinds). Children's Suite is nine movements based on themes from the movie, each movement featuring a different section of the orchestra (example: Quidditch for brass, Voldemort for bassoons, Hogwarts Forever for horns). Hedwig's Flight is basically the Prologue track from the OST. The only thing that the two suites truly have in common are Nimbus 2000 and Harry's Wondrous World.

I just ordered Chamber of Secrets and Flight to Neverland to perform at my juries next month.

Pi, i am sending a pm to you with a yousendit link for Wondrous World.

Edit: assuming internet explorer decides to work.