What Signature Editions do you have???

Josh500

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually no... I am using the horn part in Fawkes the Phoenix as an orchestral excerpt, as well as Ravel's Bolero. Neverland is just for fun. When I get to my conducting juries in another year I may use The Lost World, being that I hear so much about the time changes and such. It could be pretty impressive.

Actually no...  I am using the horn part in Fawkes the Phoenix as an orchestral excerpt, as well as Ravel's Bolero.  Neverland is just for fun.  When I get to my conducting juries in another year I may use The Lost World, being that I hear so much about the time changes and such.  It could be pretty impressive.

TLW is definitely a great one for conducting with the meter changes. Probably second only to, say, The Rite of Spring. And Bolero is such a classic too. Good luck!

Actually no...  I am using the horn part in Fawkes the Phoenix as an orchestral excerpt, as well as Ravel's Bolero.  Neverland is just for fun.  When I get to my conducting juries in another year I may use The Lost World, being that I hear so much about the time changes and such.  It could be pretty impressive.

TLW is definitely a great one for conducting with the meter changes. Probably second only to, say, The Rite of Spring. And Bolero is such a classic too. Good luck!

The problem with TLW isn't the meter changes, but to get the WW's to play the 16th notes correctly in the meter changes. Therein lies the challenge...

Also, TLW holds nothing to meter changes found in the Rite of Spring. Just try conducting the Sacrificial Dance...

Hmm, I've only ever heard Rite of Spring once, though with all this talk of it I think I may have to give it another run through.

Always a good choice! :|

Just a brief update for the Signature Edition afficianados. This is an email response I received today from my sheet music dealer regarding the upcoming releases of Sound the Bells/NBC News/Jaws/E.T. Flying.

Thank you for your email.  The music is due in (at earliest) mid to late December.  The publisher is trying to finalize the date at this time.  Once the date is firm, Luck’s will start taking back orders for the music.  Unfortunately, this publisher has many delays in publishing, so it is possible that there may be more delays, which makes us reluctant to take back orders unless the release date is firm.  So, please contact us again in 3-4 weeks, and we will have new information at that time.  We are planning to send out an eNewsletter announcement when the music is available.  If you have any questions, please contact me.

Not exactly the response I wanted, but it certainly keeps my hopes up. We've waited this long, what's another month's wait?

Hello

i just registered today to the forum (but i read you since a long time)...

i just need help ... where can i purchase the Schindler's list Signature Editions , the full score one (not the piano and violin reduction, and not with the performance players separated)... ?

any idea ? jwpepper and sheetmusicplus.com has it but it's backordered or out of stock, and since a long time now !!

thank you !

i LOVE conducting the rite of spring. It's SOOOOOOO much fun. just my opinion though. one of the most fun pieces to conduct in concert in 20th century repertoire. The problem lies in the musicians and their ability to count... therein lies the majority of the issues. AHHHHhhhhh, if only they knew the difference between 3/8 and 2/4 or little things like that.

Order Schindler's List from JW Pepper. They won't stock it if you don't order it, it seems. It takes about 3 weeks from the placement of the order to recieving it if its on backorder.

In regards to the new ones-Luck's has instrumentation and things up for The Mission Theme, E.T., Jaws and Sayuri's Theme, all in SE. I assume this means that they are now available for purchase.

I wonder if Sayuri's Theme will be the version featuring cello with orchestra accompaniment, or the orchestral version with no cello solo that was performed at this year's Hollywood Bowl.

Yea, I'm also curious about. And I hope that the Jaws Suite is what Williams recorded with the Boston Pops...

Luck's Library website says it contains:

-Theme from Jaws

-Out to Sea

-Shark Cage Fugue

I'm pretty confident it will be exactly what was performed by the Boston Pops. Although I was sort of hoping maybe for the suite to include the Barrel Chase that they recorded too.

I'm pretty confident it will be exactly what was performed by the Boston Pops.

That would be great. Over the Moon would also be great to have as a Signature Edition....I would love to play that piano part!

Over the Moon is so short though, and likely in less demand as many of the other SE scores. I've seen the piano part and it is freakin' hard! I heard that Williams himself performed it on the OST because he was the only one who could play it well enough.

Yes, it's short but I would love to have that piano part. Some years ago I transcribed the first part of it, and I can say I played it not that bad :wave:

But The Barrel Chase would indeed be cool to have, I just re-listened to it and it's great! Too bad it's not contained in the new Suite :)

I'm pretty confident it will be exactly what was performed by the Boston Pops.

That would be great. Over the Moon would also be great to have as a Signature Edition....I would love to play that piano part!

If you're interested in only the piano part, you can get the regular release for piano. I do have that, and actually I used to be able to play Over the Moon. Lots of tuplets, though. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered 3 of the new ones (I think I ordered Geisha, Jaws, and NBC News) from Luck's Music Library a couple weeks ago, and I assume they're still on backorder. I haven't received an email telling me anything other than the fact that my order has been received and is being processed. Luck's is usually pretty good about keeping its customers informed about order status, to the point that they ask your permission to cancel your order if they know it will take be too long for the product to become available. I haven't heard anything of the sort, so I'm really just waiting for some sort of shipment confirmation. It's only a matter of time...

• 3 weeks later...
I haven't ordered them or seen them listed on the sites I usually order from. Though last night I did order the full orchestra version of Escapades. :sleepy:

I was told a few days ago that the music has been delayed (big surprise) until April.

Awesome! I can't afford full sets, though I may get the full set for his Star Spangled Banner. Its only like $95 and I think it would be a cool rendition for my future marching band. (when i graduate from college).

I'm still waiting on my copy of Mission Theme. I was told by my music dealer that both Sayuri's Theme and E.T. Flying Theme are also in stock. They also confirmed that Jaws will be out in April, and that Sound the Bells will be delayed until 2008.

Awesome! I can't afford full sets, though I may get the full set for his Star Spangled Banner. Its only like $95 and I think it would be a cool rendition for my future marching band. (when i graduate from college).

Well, I don't pay for it myself :eek: That would be a tad over my budget... Just ordering it for my youth orchestra.

If you could only pick on Signature Edition to get, which one would it be. I can't afford to get all of these at the same time, or even at a reasonable purchase rate, but I would love to have at least one.

Out of all of the available ones, which one is the most accurate, the most fun to read (challenging, complex layers, etc), and the best to study.

Tim

Well I guess I can be the exception to the rule. To be honest, all I've ever heard from it is the suite, never the soundtrack, and while I like the suite I don't think I would enjoy the entire score. I plan on giving it a chance someday though.

The Close Encounters Suite is closer to 6-7 minutes. It does NOT include the Special Edition music heard in the Boston Pops albums (which includes the When You Wish Upon a Star cameo).