2 new John Williams pressed bootlegs

David Vincent

Two new albums bootlegs have been released recently.

raiderboot.jpg

The first one is for Raiders of the Lost Ark

Expanded Original Motion Picture Score

Music composed and conducted by John Williams

Performed by the London Symphonic Orchestra

20 Tracks

Indiana Industries Inc. 2005

acciboot.jpg

The second one is for The Accidental Tourist / Stanley and Iris

2 original Motion Picture Scores by John Williams:

- The Accidental Tourist (15 Tracks)

- Stanley & Iris (13 Tracks)

2005 Accidental Music

They seem to come from Germany and the eBay sellers assure me they are real pressed CDs and I believe they are the same factory that made the Spacecamp / Yes Giorgio or the Towering Inferno 2 CDs bootlegs.

I have not bought them for the moment but I will. I don't know about the tracking list. If you have more informations on these albums, post here :)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm,give me complete,SFX free boots of the Harry Potter scores and I'll be happy.

K.M.Who only has a cdr of Accidental Tourist but doesn't need a "pressed"boot.

this raiders is just the 're-release' of the DCC 1995 version?

We have the complete score already, no thanks.

Everybody knows that the DCC isn't 100% complete. But it's better than nothing, the few cues missing aren't essential. :wave:

Hmmmm,give me complete,SFX free boots of the Harry Potter scores and I'll be happy.

K.M.Who only has a cdr of Accidental Tourist but doesn't need a "pressed"boot.

Where in God's name do people get those?

If memory serves, The Accidental Tourist was a Warner Bros feature and since the album is OOP it is a good candidate for a re-release. Maybe even an expanded edition could materialize but i don't know how much more music is left unreleased.

Everybody knows that the DCC isn't 100% complete. But it's better than nothing, the few cues missing aren't essential. 8O

Everything is esential... (specially discovery of the ark, which the movie is based about!

Everything is esential... (specially discovery of the ark, which the movie is based about!

- Discovery of the Ark IS on the DCC release, but only on the vinyl version. 8O

- Short cues like "The poisoning", "Bad dates" or the other few short pieces missing aren't essential. I have them one my own complete score, but that's for completiton's sake. I've put all the alternates too, which it's rare to find on an official release.

Marian's right, Government Agents has a great rendition of the Ark's Theme. It can be easily ripped from the DVD, althought the film version is a bit different than the bootleg. I have both. 8O

Mirko - who thinks the CD cover of this Raiders bootleg sucks big time.

- Discovery of the Ark IS on the DCC release, but only on the vinyl version. :angry:

I was speaking to the more widespread and 'easy' to find CD version...

Oh and yes the cover sucks... indy should have his hat.

Track listing for The Accidental Tourist:

http://movieb.xsite.me.uk/Composers/A-Z/Ac...rist%20Back.jpg

I got this album recently. The sound is very good. If you've got any of 'The Black Hole/Howard The Duck', 'Godzilla/Gozilla 2000' or 'Heavy Metal/Heavy Metal 2000' boot's you'll know what to expect in terms of sound quality. I think it's done by the same people. It is a pressed CD.

Now if only they'd do Dracula my search would be complete. :P

• 4 weeks later...

hi all i just bought the indiana jones and the radiers of the lost ark bvootleg posted here and it has 19 tracks all in excellent quality sound with one extra track which sounds like the raiders march only faster so it could be just the 1995 re-issue version. just wanted to let everyone know take care!!

Everybody knows that the DCC isn't 100% complete. But it's better than nothing, the few cues missing aren't essential. :|

The thing with the DCC release is that it was never promoted as being complete in the first place.

For being really complete, they should have also included the two songs HMS Pinafore that Sallah sings in the movie. ;)

And of course all the alternates that are featured in the bootlegs.

Don't forget the complete Last Crusade.

People always tend to be focused on Temple of Doom only, because the OST is rare and the Last Crusade's OST is still very available.

But a complete Last Crusade is still at the Top-5 of Williams' releases.

I wasn't discussing which of the 2 had a better OST release.

I just meant to say that people always mention ToD as a wanted-expanded release, but I wouldn't forget LC. The OST is OK, but very very incomplete.

Not as incomplete as ToD, but some great piece is missing.

I think that people always forget LC because the OST is still available in every store, but an expanded release of this masterpiece is higly needed too.

Hello,

3 things: Is this eBay release having the "discovering of the Ark" in its complete form or just a taken from LP version of it ? Taken from a LP is also the "Images" that an English guy sold on eBay...Why it is so difficult to have an isolated score of each movies on DVDs ??? Silva Screen has announced a possible re-recording of each soundtrack, I have such a bad remembrance from the previous Indy Jones treatment , that I wish that this time , they will share the same diapason...

Why it is so difficult to have an isolated score of each movies on DVDs ???

Because record companies who hold the rights to the OST releases do not like it if you can get the music they own from somewere else, especially if it's cheaper and there is more of it.

Iso scores might be nice, but they are no substitute to a proper complete score release.

Yes, but I agree it doesn't always make sense. For example - Danny Elfman probably has, as film composers go, one of the largest fan-bases of all (fan-base being the people who will regularly buy his CDs). John Williams also has a massive fan-base, and yet there seem to very often be isoalted scores on Elfman DVDs (off the top of my head: Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, Corpse Bride, Planet of the Apes etc.) but Williams has only two (as far as I know). I suppose there's a reason...?

And there is a TLC bootleg out there.

With an awful sound. :|

That's the worst sounding bootleg I've ever heard.

Even my elementary DVD rip sounds better. too bad it has more SFX than the actually movie itself. ROTFLMAO

Hmmm...I need that Laserdisc.

My LD player has a digital out, so the rips would be better then the analog ones you send me.

You still have my adress, right?

:music:

I don't have that Lazerdisk set .What happened,you see,is that I purchased the 4 Lazerdisk Box Set(which was way more than I could afford),and after I watched the film at some friend's house,recorded the isolated score to Minidisk and also replaced the included Special Gold Disk of the 96 expanded soundtrack with a regular one,I brought the set back to the store for a refund(I claimed it was defective).

So now only the original MD recordings remain,which I have recently transfered to WAVES on my PC.

K.M.