Memoirs of a Geisha vs. Munich

MSM

Which score do you like better?  

31 members have voted

1. 1.

• Memoirs of a Geisha
    • Munich

Although the scores may not be really comparable, I think this poll was inevitable. Which score do you like better, Memoirs, or Munich?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get this -- and don't laugh!!! I STILL HAVE NEITHER MEMOIRS NOR MUNICH!!!! :|

In Austria they're being released in the next two weeks when the movies open!!!! God, I feel so bad. I'll vote when I have the albums.

I haven't seen Munich yet, so this might change, but judging by the albums, I'd say that even then Memoirs will take this one easily. Memoirs is a classic Williams score, start to finish. Munich is two GREAT themes, and a lot of various tense music, which will most probably work brilliantly in the film (I'm not sure 'Motorcade' would have sounded so great if not in context of the film), but are not enough to contitute a classic film score.

I haven't seen Memoirs yet. (And I probably won't see it until it comes on DVD because my theater stopped showing it before the Globes.) But Memoirs is going to have to be pretty great in the film to beat out Munich, which has a clear lead at this point.

Justin - Who really like Memoirs anyway.

Tough choice. Both scores are excellent. But Memoirs is slightly better as a whole.

Still I have owned the two scores for a short time. My opinions may change after I see the films and listen to the scores more.

Am I the only one who is constantly having trouble telling the difference, visually, between the words "MEMOIRS" and "MUNICH"? Both 6-letter, 2-syllable words that begin with M's. It's all too dreadfully confusing.

Am I the only one who is constantly having trouble telling the difference, visually, between the words "MEMOIRS" and "MUNICH"? Both 6-letter, 2-syllable words that begin with M's. It's all too dreadfully confusing.

I haven't had too much trouble with this. But then generally I use my eyes to actually read the words.

Justin - :joy:

Get this -- and don't laugh!!! I STILL HAVE NEITHER MEMOIRS NOR MUNICH!!!!  :joy:  

In Austria they're being released in the next two weeks when the movies open!!!! God, I feel so bad. I'll vote when I have the albums.

I don't have these CDs either, and I'm getting...antsy. And I have no European country excuse, as I can find these CDs in pretty much any American store (except crappy Target, whose "sountrack" selection was anchored with Get Rich or Die Tryin') :joy:

I voted for Memoirs though because I enjoyed the unique instruments. But it was a tough vote.

Memioirs is pretty good from start to finish and REALLY good in the film.So Memoirs.

Munich has a few great tracks.In the film,I'll say again Remembering Munich,the only place you can really hear the music,is played over a really weird scene...I'm not sure what feeling it's supposed to evoque.

K.M.

I dunno, I thought Munich was better after listening to them for the first time but after the Golden Globes I gave Memoirs another listen I might have to reconsider my opinion.