Back to the Future Score petition now online

AHerrera83

I just got this email today, and I thought I'd post it here in case there are any Silvestri fans here and you want to sign their petition...

Hi,  

Please, read these importants words from the BACK TO THE FUTURE music composer, Alan Silvestri :

“BACK TO THE FUTURE has been a really exhausting experience. I had to work very hard to obtain the result heard in the movie. I don't know if the score will ever be released. It deserves it for sure. It’s always the same thing : money. However, sometimes soundtracks are released when we’re no longer expecting it. If the demand is sufficient and if  people express themselves, then their wish will come true. BACK TO THE FUTURE has been for all of us an incredible experience, even an event. And I understand that people want an album.”

Alan Silvestri

And people can now react. You can come and sign the BACK TO THE FUTURE Score Release Petition here : http://www.chez.com/bttf

For Alan Silvestri's fabulous BTTF score not being erased from existence, please send this message to anyone you know who might be interested to sign, thanks for your precious contribution !

The future isn’t written ! So please come to write it… :-)

Wouldn't you love to have this release?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silvestri is the composer that got me IN to film music.

The Back To The Future Theme is my all time favorite movie theme ever. I already have the promo, but that is still missing music. A digitally restored COMPLETE score soundtrack would be fantastic! This campaign has been going for a few months now and I hope it's making an impact.

MCA, Varese Sarabande, are you listening to us? Release this now!

Another thing to take into consideration is what studio/label owns the rights to this score. Varese and other labels have deals with studios to release their scores. That is why FSM is doing MGM scores at this time and Varese has been releasing Fox scores for their club.

Well, MCA usually handles Universal releases. They did BTTF and BTTF2, but then Varese released BTTF3 and then the Trilogy rerecording. The trilogy CD was only released a few years back, so my guess is that Varese still owns the rights to the score. If not, then the most likely to still have them is MCA, since they released the other soundtrack.

They never re-release golden age scores though. :cry: Nor was their ET re-release perfect. :) And I think it would take a lot to convince them to release back to the future.

Whoops yeah I always get those two confused. Since they are both so much alike. They both only has like 1 REALLY good score then everything after was just eh ..... :)

Whoops yeah I always get those two confused. Since they are both so much alike. They both only has like 1 REALLY good score then everything after was just eh .....  :(

:)

Just for the sake of saying something in the vane attempt to chage my profile from Guest to Occassional Poster (it must take 24 hour posting to get Frequent Poster on your Williams CV) I shall say that I bought all three BTTF soundtracks. I also found that some music from BTTF 3 was missing - the bit where Marty is being called out by Tannen and Marty says "I've already got a gun."

Hopefully this will be in the new release.

There are 17 minutes of unreleased music heard in the films for both sequels. Here are the cues from the movies that remain unreleased. Please note that the titles are being made up by me as I write this and some are used from the trilogy CD by John Debney.

CAREFUL! For those who have not seen the films, the tracks may include spoilers.

Back To The Future Part II

-Opening Titles/Doc Returns Again

-"Chicken?"

-Hilldale

-2015 TV Source Music

-Biff Steals The Delorean (Partially Released)

-Needles' Deal

-Biff Returns

-The Return To 1985

-Marty's Neighborhood

-"27th Floor!"

-"Gray's Sports Almanac"

-The Plan

-Biff and Biff (although I think this was tracked with "Alternate 1985" from the CD)

-Biff Leaves For The Dance

-"Are You Chicken?"

-"He's Gone"

-"I'm Back"

-End Logo

Back To The Future Part III

-The Delgado Mine

-Doc's Grave

-The Photo

-Farewell/To 1885

-"McFly Farm!"

-Doc's Plan

-1885 Source Music

-"You Yellow?"

-Saloon Source Music

-The Next Morning/Where's Doc?

-"I Already Got A Gun"

-Marty Wins

-The Delorean Destroyed

-Jennifer

-"It Erased!"

I think that's everything. Enjoy. :)

You liked some of their later work Ricard??

I've always felt McNeeley only had 1 really great score with "Shadows of the Empire" and Debney just one great score with "Cutthroat Island". Their work after those was considerably weak by comparison.