Lost

Mr. Breathmask

According to EW.com's Michael Ausiello, "ABC confirms that Lost's sixth and final season will total 18 hours, including two-hour premiere and two-hour finale."

Another hour of Lost added to the final season. Yay!

(source)

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent!

Also, I'm hoping to soon have piano sheet music for "Hollywood and Vines" uploaded for anyone who's interested. Someone else did a partial transcription on the Lostpedia article, but I'm creating a version specifically for two-handed piano performance.

All right, I've finished ripping and editing unreleased highlights of "Pilot, Part 1." My track titles are:

* World's Worst Beach Party (Alternate): Not a very clean rip, but still interesting to hear the percussion and orchestra mixed differently, with one passage in the middle that's completely different as Jack looks up at 815's wing.

* World's Second Worst Beach Party: This is cleaner, with a variant on the percussion heard in the end credits near the beginning. This starts a few seconds after "World's Worst Beach Party."

* Perils and Cockpitfalls: An unnerving, dissonant motif for strings is introduced as Jack, Kate, and Charlie climb up through the front end of the plane. Lots of rain SFX.

* The End of the Pilot: They find the pilot's body in the tree at the end of part 1 after that same motif is brought back. This one is a startlingly clean rip, with just hints of bird calls in a couple of spots.

On to part 2! :)

Moving on to the rest of the first disc:

* Splish Splash, Kate Was Taking a Bath: Lame title, I know. But it's a lame scene, too. Luckily, the music is not. Nice, different statement of the main theme. Fairly strong wave SFX, but it's not that big a deal.

* Hollywood and Vines (Alternate Mix): The percussion is louder. Boomier. I like it.

* Piggin' Out: The boars come into camp, accompanied by dissonant strings and pounding percussion. Yelling sounds in the background, unfortunately, but fairly clean otherwise.

* Locke Stands Up For Himself: Locke whines at the walkabout dude in Australia, then stands up on the beach after the crash, all accompanied by the first statement of Locke's second theme. (Except for the start of the episode, when the chords just play briefly without the melody.)

I hope to tackle the second disc within the next few days! If these updates seem totally irrelevant, just let me know.

So I was going through Season 4's "The Shape of Things to Come", initially just for the music, but then I realized the title of the episode was more appropriate that I thought. I had always loved the conversation between Widmore and Ben at the end of the episode, from a character point of view, but now I realize how much their conflict mirrors Jacob and Esau's. See for instance lines like:

Widmore: I know who you are... what you are. I know that everything you have you took from me

And more especially:

Widmore: Have you come here to kill me Benjamin?

Ben: We both know I can't do that...

We don't know the origin of Jacob and Esau's conflict (though I still maintain that it's quite possibly going to be fate vs. free will), but I find it very interesting how, as the show expands its scope each season, the new situations mirror the old ones like some hopeless circle of inevitability. Would that make the show about finding the loophole?

I just heard that director Jack Bender is coming to here for ten days next week, is meeting with a local fan club and giving a master-class. Although it coincides with a film festival here, I'm gonna do my best to get in on one of the meet-ups.

Most of it is the usual: We won't answer what happened in the finale or what is going to happen and not going to happen in Season 6.

Claire was not in Season 5 because they felt it told a story she was not a part of, but they have something great planned for her in Season 6.

Libby's explanation: Her husband died, she went crazy, spent some time in the mental institution, and then gave her boat to Desmond. Her bump with Hurley in the same institution is no more than the other instances where characters run into each other off-island pre-crash.

Matthew Fox apparently knows the ending and the last shot is a still image. They didn't comment and made a joke that Fox needs to tell them the ending. They will go into "hiding" so to speak to avoid uproar from fans about the series finale. It is the type of ending where people will want further clarification, but they want the fans to come up with what it means on their own.

• 3 weeks later...

In the season finale, does anyone else think Jack's "If I were you, I wouldn't give up on him" (re: Locke to Alpert) is a bit of foreshadowing on the part of the writers?

I wonder what was up with the Charlie vibe in the season finale... The Drive Shaft ring, Frank's "terrific" mirroring Charlie's from the pilot, and I'm sure there was more...

You can watch the Lost panel from Comic-Con here, split up into four parts:

Be aware it contains several big spoilers, incredibly awesome spoilers.

Big spoilers my ass!

I'm actually really glad the last question got asked/answered, because that was one I had after the Season 5 finale. Except the guy didn't really word it as I would. Sucks that the clips got cut out, but still some interesting stuff talked about.

Thanks for posting those, I was disapointed that all the videos were removed from the main links posted above

Speaking of those, they are totally spoiler free! All they reveal is that basically every actor that's ever been on the show will be back, which is of no surprise considering the time travel and flashbacky nature of the show. They don't reveal anything about if Juliet succesfully blew up the bomb, etc.

That would be a spoiler, then, about Juliet's fate. =/ Sigh...oh well. At least it's good news. EDIT: Well, I guess they could just mean in flashbacks. I dunno. I haven't watched or read any of those. But let's please keep this discussion spoiler-free! :mellow:

Speaking of those, they are totally spoiler free! All they reveal is that basically every actor that's ever been on the show will be back, which is of no surprise considering the time travel and flashbacky nature of the show. They don't reveal anything about if Juliet succesfully blew up the bomb, etc.

They point to a definite alternate timeline for season 6, which had been heavily speculated after the finale.

Also, it's been confirmed that Richard Alpert's whole backstory and relationship with the island will be explored, and Nestor Carbonell has been promoted to series regular.

They point to a definite alternate timeline for season 6, which had been heavily speculated after the finale.

Guys...please, no spoilers. I'm beggin' ya. Some of us - okay, just me - enjoy it more without knowing anything about it in advance.

When the hell did they point to that?

Some of it is spoilerish, Datameister, but nothing too big/important. Most of it was which characters we would see again.

Main points:

Season 6 will be like Season 1 in a sense that a lot of the characters we haven't seen since then will be returning. I think this mostly just means Walt, possibly Boone and other smaller characters.

We will see Faraday again.

Alpert's backstory will be explained and possibly linked to the arrival of the Black Rock.

Jacob has not been seen in any shape or form on the show until the Season 5 finale.

I think these are "safe" to read, but knowing you I would probably skip the first two ones and read the last two.

That would be a spoiler, then, about Juliet's fate. =/ Sigh...oh well. At least it's good news. EDIT: Well, I guess they could just mean in flashbacks. I dunno. I haven't watched or read any of those. But let's please keep this discussion spoiler-free! :mellow:

I don't understand... I said that they DIDN'T reveal anything about Juliet's fate

I disagree, they did no such thing. All their answers were pretty ambiguous

Guys...please, no spoilers. I'm beggin' ya. Some of us - okay, just me - enjoy it more without knowing anything about it in advance.

Joe, Damon and Carlton know what they are doing. They don't reveal anything during these videos other than "such and such actor will be back", which, as I mentioned before, doesn't really mean anything since the show is full of time travel and flashbacks. None of their answers has anything to do with if a character is dead or alive or anything like that. Also, any returning actor would have their name right there in the opening credits anyway, its not going to be a big surprise

Yes. There is nothing that confirms or denies anything. They suggest things, but you never know the context.

A random thought: I'm not so worried about whether they know what they're doing overall. What bugs me a bit are small things, details they get wrong. Like in the Bentham episode this year. According to Jack in S4 finale scene, Locke told him Ben was off the island and that bad things happened and that it's his fault. Nothing like that happened in the actual episode, when Locke was in hospital. He didn't know about Ben until much later. The show kind of looses credibility because of this kind of errors. But, maybe, there is something else. You never know...

Karol

Watch the Oceanic Airlines commercial that follows the Mr. Cluck promo.

"In the air since 1979. A perfect safety record for 30 years..."

That defenitely points to Oceanic 815 not crashing in September of 2004...

I've also heard thru several sources on the web, who have been rather accurate in leaking stuff,

that it will be an alternate timeline

Apparently it's been confirmed that Charlie will be back as well according to this blog post:

http://www.docarzt.com/lost/well-that-settles-the-dom-question/

For something that isn't spoilery here's a couple looks at the official Season 6 poster (shown at Comic-Con):

http://www.docarzt.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/s6poster3.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/Sm2V79m0SAI/AAAAAAAAvhA/XJdf8dLIlY4/s1600-h/LostS6.jpg

Watch the Oceanic Airlines commercial that follows the Mr. Cluck promo.

"In the air since 1979. A perfect safety record for 30 years..."

That defenitely points to Oceanic 815 not crashing in September of 2004...

I heard that, but didn't think of connecting the dots.

So yeah, it's an alternate timeline.

Awesome poster, is that everyone who's ever been a series regular?

All these individual spoilers about which actors will and won't be back is pointless. We can just assume they'll all be back in some way

Pretty much, I don't have an actual list though. Notice all of them are facing forward except for Locke (in the middle) who has his back turned.

Yeah, that new poster is crazy awesome. Here's a larger version of it, with what seems to be an accurate lineup (spoiler alert, I guess):

LostS6.jpg

Faraday, Boone, Miles, Michael, Ana Lucia, Charlotte, Shannon, Desmond, Eko, Kate, Jack, Sawyer, Locke, Ben, Sayid, Libby, Sun, Jin, Claire, Hurley, Juliet, Charlie, Frank, Richard, Bernard and Rose

Pretty exciting!

You can watch the Lost panel from Comic-Con here, split up into four parts:

For the uncut version (with slightly better quality) go here:

And some things that appear to be ARG's (alternate reality games) for Season Six:

• 2 weeks later...

OK this is old news, and not revealing because we already know what happened, but...

I was watching reruns on SyFy and it was the Season 4 finale. When Locke watches the Orchid orientation video, I never picked up on Dr. Chang saying the rabbit will appear to disappear momentarily, but actually - then the tape starts to rewind. I never connected that to the island appearing to disappear, but it actually moved in time.

And I guess this orientation bunny was the same one that appeared on the shelf in the other orientation video that was shown a couple years ago. So the two bunnies were the same one, the other was just finally reappeared after moving in time. Yes?

Pretty much, I don't have an actual list though. Notice all of them are facing forward except for Locke (in the middle) who has his back turned.

PAUL IS DEAD.

Might want to spoilerize that.

If you insist.

Also, is the space there or was that a typo?

No, it's the actual title. I don't consider it to be a spoiler since it doesn't really tell us much. I seriously doubt it means what most of people think it does, which is

that there is an alternate timeline created where the plane doesn't crash. The creators often said the growth of characters is what the show is about. But, I think, it may suggest something we don't know about yet. Maybe it is another device to tell the story, with the imagined alternate reality replacing flashbacks and flashforwards? It could make for interesting contrast between what actually happened and what would happen. Just a thought.

There is this space in there, you know.

Karol

Who?

a beatle's reference gone by you. a statement on John being alive or dead.

Either way, the fake robotic Paul went on to do The White Album and Abbey Road, so he was pretty good too. I think the same will happen with Locke.

I'm just curious to see if in Season 6 the real Locke comes back to life and we get a scene where the real Locke and the fake Locke meet up and someone has to shoot one of them and the two Lockes each try to convince him that they're the real Locke and the other's an impostor.

:( Please, no! I mean, bring Locke back, sure, but if I see that cliche one more time, I think I'll have to clone myself, force someone else into that same scenario, and hope they pull the trigger in my direction so I'll be put out of my misery.

And again...thank you all for the use of spoiler tags. Better to air on the side of caution than to forgo them in iffy cases. Ideally, I'd like to watch the first episode of season 6 with absolutely no knowledge of where and when the characters will be, what they'll be trying to do, what they'll be thinking, who'll be with whom, etc. For some reason, I just enjoy it a lot more that way, though I acknowledge that realistically, I'll learn bits and pieces between now and then.

Regarding the first episode title:

I heard that it's actually called LAX, and the episode deals with a not deadly, but highly contagious stomach bug code-named "LAX" which is released on the island by DHARMA in an effort to fight the Others. Their aim is to remove all the banana leaves and toilet paper on the island and watch them suffer. Riveting stuff.