Lost

Mr. Breathmask

I don't see Jack as the same type of person as he was in Season 1, because he just isn't. He's pretty much the new Locke now, believing in purpose and destiny, that they're supposed to be on that island. He's not really a leader anymore, Ilana seems to have that position filled at the moment. So I wouldn't necessarily call him "old school."

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, he's different, sure, but I mean that his mannerisms and overall...gentleness were back. Jack had a dark side from the beginning, yes, but he had this kindness to him. A "good soul", as Rose put it. And for the last 2+ seasons, that's just been totally gone. It's nice to see it come back, even though he's now functioning as a "man of faith" and not as much of a leader.

Why is Henry Ian Cusick listed as a guest star?

He's been in the main cast all season without being on the show, and as soon as it's his episode, he's a guest star?

Throughout Season 3, the actors playing Nikki and Paulo were listed as "guest stars" in the press releases only for episodes they appeared in; Meanwhile on the show itself, the actors were listed in the opening credits of every episode (up until their deaths).

In Season 4, the same thing happened with the actors playing Faraday, Miles, and Charlotte - Guest Stars according to the press releases, main castg according to the show itself.

Now in Season 6 they seem to be doing to the same thing to Henry Ian Cusick. Who knows what it all means

Apparently, it's a contract thing. The actors may request their name be put with the main cast on the actual credits. See also: Harold Perrineau in season 4.

Right, but in Season 4 Harold Perrineau was also listed as a main cast member in the press releases. I was referring to when the press release doesn't match the on-screen credits.

Judging by its list price, it appears to be a single-disc release :banghead:

In other news: April 27th will be a repeat week. So the schedule for the rest of the season is:

Tuesday April 6th: 6.11

Tuesday April 13th: 6.12

Tuesday April 20th: 6.13

Tuesday April 27th: Rerun of Ab Aeterno

Tuesday May 4th: 6.14

Tuesday May 11th: 6.15

Tuesday May 18th: 6.16

Sunday, May 23rd: 6.17/6.18

After the finale, there will be a special Jimmy Kimmel Live:

"JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE" AFTER THE FINALE OF "LOST," SUNDAY, MAY 23 ON ABC

On May 23, fans of "Lost" say goodbye to ABC's groundbreaking series. Following the finale, the stars and producers join Jimmy Kimmel for "Jimmy Kimmel Live: Aloha to Lost," SUNDAY, MAY 23 from 11:35 p.m. - 12:35 a.m., ET on ABC, following local news.

After the final episode, longtime "Lost" fan Jimmy Kimmel hosts an hour-long analysis of and farewell to one of television's most beloved series with appearances from executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse, alternate endings, and live interviews with cast members.

"Jimmy Kimmel Live: Aloha to Lost" is the culmination of a six year-long relationship between "Lost" and "Jimmy Kimmel Live" Each Tuesday night, Kimmel discusses the show and features "Secrets of 'Lost'" (comedic "insight" into the mysteries of the island from Evangeline Lilly, Michael Emerson, Jorge Garcia, Daniel Dae Kim, Elizabeth Mitchell, and more). Cast members including Matthew Fox, Evangeline Lilly, Josh Holloway, Jorge Garcia, Michael Emerson, Daniel Dae Kim, Yunjin Kim, Terry O'Quinn and former cast members Dominic Monaghan and Elizabeth Mitchell appear regularly on Kimmel's couch, and producers Lindelof, Cuse and JJ Abrams make regular guest appearances as well.

For any fan of "Lost," this event is not to be missed. After the secrets of the island are revealed, go back in time one last time with Jimmy Kimmel. The "Lost" finale event airs Sunday, May 23 from 9:00-11:00 p.m., ET on ABC, and "Jimmy Kimmel Live: Aloha to Lost" will air immediately after the local news from 11:35 p.m.-12:35 a.m., ET.

Jimmy Kimmel and Jill Leiderman serve as executive producers of "Jimmy Kimmel Live." Jason Schrift and Douglas DeLuca serve as co-executive producers. "Jimmy Kimmel Live" is shot live in front of a studio audience and produced by Jackhole Industries in association with ABC Studios. For more go to www.jimmykimmellive.net

(bolding is mine)

Here's the full season 6 episode list with all centricities

6.01/2 - Tuesday Feb 2 - LA X - Various

6.03 - Tuesday Feb 9 - What Kate Does - Kate

6.04 - Tuesday Feb 16 - The Substitute - Locke

6.05 - Tuesday Feb 23 - Lighthouse - Jack

6.06 - Tuesday Mar 2 - Sundown - Sayid

6.07 - Tuesday Mar 9 - Dr. Linus - Ben

6.08 - Tuesday Mar 16 - Recon - Sawyer

6.09 - Tuesday Mar 23 - Ab Aeterno - Richard Alpert (flashback)

6.10 - Tuesday Mar 30 - The Package - Sun/Jin

6.11 - Tuesday Apr 6 - Happily Ever After - Desmond

6.12 - Tuesday Apr 13 - Everybody Loves Hugo - Hurley

6.13 - Tuesday Apr 20 - The Last Recruit - Various

Tuesday April 27th is a rerun

6.14 - Tuesday May 4 - The Candidate - Jack

6.15 - Tuesday May 11 - Across The Sea - Jacob / The Man In Black (flashback)

6.16 - Tuesday May 18 - What They Died For

6.17/18 - Sunday May 23rd - The End

Here's 16 trippy pics from tonight's episode

http://dhcentral.iimmgg.com/image/62092a86965d0d5d6c2b42cf77dbe119

I guess that means he is going to replace Jacob after all.

Also, the machine that Desmond was locked up with looks like a giant donut.

Unless its all a big mis-lead :banghead:

Also, the machine that Desmond was locked up with looks like a giant donut.

Or one of these:

http://en.wikipedia....al_and_poloidal

http://en.wikipedia....nd_transformers

http://www.apexjr.co...AdireToroid.JPG

Seriously though, I'd guess the machine has something to do with shifting dimensions... and somehow Desmond will be able to shift into the sideways world. What I don't get is why 2007 Desmond would end up in 2004 sideways world, though.

We're only talking about the episode title / centricity list and the pics from tonight's episode. Nothing major.

Unless its all a big mis-lead :)

I kind of hope it is. I wouldn't want the ending of the show to just be the continuation of the Jacob and MIB conflict, only now with Jack as Jacob and Locke as MIB (sort of). That doesn't seem very resolute to me. I'd rather it be the literal ending of the game/loop that's been going on for centuries.

Yea, I'm sure the writers have plenty of surprises in store for us. Heck, we don't even know for sure that Jacob=good and MIB=bad

I forgot how much I loved Desmond and his episodes. This is arguably the best episode of the season thus far. So much revealed about the flash-sideways. And the music, my god, the music! It reached a magical and fantastical height at the end, it was amazing.

Easily best episode of the season. Up until now the music hasn't really interested me but this one had some truly great moments.

Whoever edited this episode needs to be thanked for the cut from the handshake to Desmond waking up. Outstanding.

WOW!!!

What an episode!!

The only, I mean ONLY thing I can say about it I didn't like is that Widmore was about to explain stuff... then Desmond cut him off!! LOL!!

I love the explanation of the Sideways. I love that Desmond in the sideways is going to start rounding up everyone on the flight and get them to "remember" the real world... and cannot predict what they will all do with said knowledge!

LOOOOVED the music. When Desmond's Theme (or is that Penny's Theme? Or Desmond/Penny's Love Theme?) came in during the MRI it sounded better than ever... then it played during Faraday/Desmond's conversation.. from that point to the end of the episode was just incredible. How has Giacchino not won an Emmy for this show?

Whoever edited this episode needs to be thanked for the cut from the handshake to Desmond waking up. Outstanding.

Yeah, that was great. As was the vision Desmond had in the MRI and in the car. I almost gasped when it flashed the first time to "Not Penny's Boat".

I'm glad we can put away "the sideways are the epilogue" theory now.

Yea that's the only thing I can think of, that Desmond will round up the 815ers and they'll all go see Eloise together... and she will have them do something. What that could be I have no idea.

I would guess that just like Charlie saw the real world when he saw Claire.... Daniel did when he saw Charlotte... and Desmonds visions were due to Penny........ I am thinking soon we will see Hurley meet Libby and have a flash..... maybe Sayid and Shannon.... I dunno about Ana Lucia and anyone... umm. Oh! Jack/Kate/Sawyer/Juliet! Nothing seemed to happen with Sawyer/Kate in the elevator... maybe Sawyer's true love is Juliet after all? Jack and Kate exchanged glances on the plane right? Hmm. He's been having his own little visions of the "real world" already.

And how is Widmore going to use Desmond to stop the MIB? Can't wait!!!

I just realized this is the first episode all season to not feature Terry O'Quinn at all

I posted this in the Varese thread, but I wanted to mention something

LOST: Season 5

Original Television Soundtrack

Music Composed by Michael Giacchino

The epic story of LOST twists, turns and time shifts in its brilliant fifth season. When destiny calls, the Oceanic 6 frantically race back to the island. Discover what forced them to return and find out the fate of all those who were left behind.

Academy Award-winner Michael Giacchino’s music has played a huge role in the series from the very beginning, and our latest collection of LOST musical highlights contains over 60 minutes of Season 5’s touching and thrilling score.

LOST Season 5 is now available on DVD and BluRay from ABC Home Video — and the show’s thrilling sixth and final season is currently airing on ABC.

Varèse Sarabande Catalog #: 302 067 025 2

Release Date: 05/11/10

I'm troubled by the "over 60 minutes" comment. Granted the Season 1 and Season 2 OSTs were only 65 minutes each, but both discs of Season 3 and Season 4 were all 78+ minutes.

I love Desmond episodes.

That is all.....

You know I was thinking as I was watching tonight.

If you told me Lost would end up where it is now, many years ago when the series premiered, I would have laughed at you and told you to get out.

That was *such* a pedestrian episode by comparison to what this show and its characters and storytelling have become.

That was *such* a pedestrian episode by comparison to what this show and its characters and storytelling have become.

Your pronoun usage has failed you; does "that" refer to tonight's episode, or to the pilot?

Well, was this last episode ordinary to you or was the pilot ordinary? :)

By the way the theme that we hear at the end, and that shows up multiple times during this episode is a development on the motif attached to the Destiny theme...heard in season 5 when Sayid is performing surgery on the bomb underground.

(he said "the premiere")

He didn't, actually, tee-hee.

I get it now, though. I kinda disagree with it, but I see what he's saying.

You know, something I've always wanted to see on television is for a series to come on that's a totally normal relationship drama with no fantasy elements whatsoever until about halfway through the second season, at which point in time alien life is discovered, or something like that.

It'll never happen, though. Lost is probably the closest we'll ever get to a "normal" series that morphed itself into bugfuck-crazy science-fiction.

Whenthe poor SOB got fried at the beginning of Lost last night I almost expected Muldoon to come running out, yelling "Shoot Her!!!"

The promotional pics released before the episode aired made me think he played a bigger role (click to make bigger)

42e6b69677c0bbeb2bf64513b6b0e34a.jpgfde706db646b7999b07946cfbf48e52e.jpg78e14a257a044c417f47bfdc06f06d8b.jpg

The only, I mean ONLY thing I can say about it I didn't like is that Widmore was about to explain stuff... then Desmond cut him off!! LOL!!

Really? Even after the "Hi, Penny, I'm Desmond" moment with that music, you cared?

Huh? Yea... I loved the episode and everything in it... its just when Widmore was like "Alright, let me explain...", I was like "oh boy! Here it comes!"....... then Desmond is just like "it's ok, I get it, I'll do whatever you need" I was like "noooooooooo he was about to explain!"

I'm sure he plans on using some kind of electro magnetic energy to kill the man in black, I just have no idea how it's all gonna go down.

Press release for next week's episode:

HURLEY AGONIZES OVER WHAT THE GROUP SHOULD DO NEXT, ON ABC'S "LOST"

Harold Perrineau Guest Stars as Michael

Cynthia Watros Guest Stars as Libby

"Everybody Loves Hugo" – Hurley agonizes over what the group should do next, and Locke is curious about the new arrival to his camp, on "Lost," TUESDAY, APRIL 13 (9:00-10:02 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Lost" stars Naveen Andrews as Sayid, Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert, Emilie de Ravin as Claire, Michael Emerson as Ben, Jeff Fahey as Frank Lapidus, Matthew Fox as Jack, Jorge Garcia as Hurley, Josh Holloway as Sawyer, Daniel Dae Kim as Jin, Yunjin Kim as Sun, Ken Leung as Miles, Evangeline Lilly as Kate, Terry O'Quinn as Locke and Zuleikha Robinson as Ilana.

Guest starring are Henry Ian Cusick as Desmond, Harold Perrineau as Michael, Cynthia Watros as Libby, Francois Chau as Pierre Chang, Lillian Hurst as Carmen Reyes, Bruce Davison as Dr. Douglas Brooks, Kenton Duty as teenage boy, Samm Levine as clerk, Jesse Smith as waiter and Archie Ahuna as Tito.

"Everybody Loves Hugo" was written by Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz and directed by Dan Attias.

Clip #1:

Clip #2:

24 Promotional Pictures: http://dhcentral.iim...9fa23e0fc9cafb7

Huh? Yea... I loved the episode and everything in it... its just when Widmore was like "Alright, let me explain...", I was like "oh boy! Here it comes!"....... then Desmond is just like "it's ok, I get it, I'll do whatever you need" I was like "noooooooooo he was about to explain!"

I'm sure he plans on using some kind of electro magnetic energy to kill the man in black, I just have no idea how it's all gonna go down.

I dunno, it seemed obvious to me by that point that that episode wasn't about answers or revelations, but about emotion. The fact that it happened to move the plot forward just reminded me that we are in the final season.

Also, thanks a lot for the spoiler tags in your last post.

I just realized this is the first episode all season to not feature Terry O'Quinn at all

And yet it still had so many excellent actors.

Whenthe poor SOB got fried at the beginning of Lost last night I almost expected Muldoon to come running out, yelling "Shoot Her!!!"

I thought of JP as soon as we saw that container thingy.

It'll never happen, though. Lost is probably the closest we'll ever get to a "normal" series that morphed itself into bugfuck-crazy science-fiction.

It was always a sci-fi show really, it was just able to disguise itself very well in the early years.

I'm expecting somekind of ending a la KotCS

There better not be any aliens.

What a great episode! And beautiful music!

Soooo...

The FlashSideways do not show a parallel / alternate universe according to Darlton, but it was really made clear this time that it was a reality in which things have gone wrong on the Island, Puffy has escaped it, "everything as we know it [has disappeared]", and things have to be done right on the Island to prevent this from... happening? having happened?

It's a bit complex.

Maybe they were trying to get us off track to keep the guessing going on; maybe there is a twist of some sort in the phrasing, or in the approach.

In any case, as surmised, Desmond is the key because, with the proper stimulus, his conscience can travel back and forth between those Realities.

I suppose this makes Eloise and Daniel the key keepers or some such thing.

Seeing Desmond & Daniel again was nice.

What sacrifice will Desmond have to make? That's scary.

If Desmond X rounds up or meets everyone to tell them they must "return to the Island" à la Jeremy Bentham, will he succeed or fail, like Locke?

And what can he do? Surely he cannot force them all into a Near Death Experience as Charlie did with him.

And then, if it works out, the one obvious major sacrifice will be that Locke will know he has to die-- again.

I doubt there have been many series in which a main character dies several times-- really truly genuinely dies, not "dies and is ressucitated, bu "Dead is dead" dies.

Where in the episode did it make it clear that the sideways are what would happen if the Smoke escaped the island? Widmore said life would cease to exist, it's obviously existing in the sideways.

Yea I'm not sure what Olivier is talking about. The episode made it clear that the Sideways world was created when the Jughead detonated, all the energy that would have killed anyone was transferred into creating a new world instead

Whew...really good episode! We're FINALLY getting a good look at the endgame. This'll be interesting to see.

Also, I was talking with my viewing buddies afterward about our favorite Lost moments, and I mentioned Jack meeting the Others in S2. I never realized I could do such a great "LIGHT 'EM UUUUPPPPPP!" impression.

It was said previously that if MiB left the Island, everything people care for would disappear.

Jughead created the other timeline, but in that timeline, MiB may well have left the Island.

The Earth is not in total chaos, but Desmond told Widmore he now understood him and knew what he was supposed to do, after seeing in the other timeline that it was not supposed to be.

I may have gone a bit fast, indeed, but this does seem to indicate that Desmond has understood that he must stop MiB to save the timeline that should be, in which Faraday, Charlie and he have already found true love and need not pursue it again.

I think Desmond was enlightened with what he had experienced. I don't think he knows anything about the MIB yet, or even Jacob, but he knows there is this other world that is not supposed to be, and it must be fixed for more or less the sake of true love. He understands that Widmore is trying to somehow erase this world as well, and that's what I think he meant at the end of the episode.

And Jay, I think that's a dead on prediction: Using Desmond to lure MIB into a trap, and then blast him with electromagnetic energy.

Great episode indeed. I was totally sucked up from beginning to end. However, it seems to me that Desmond is more and more the Donnie Darko of Lost. According to that film's mythology, Desmond is the Living Receiver, so his mission is to prevent the two timelines from clashing with each other, otherwise the universe will be crunched. That's the goal of the MIB, imho: he wants to blow up the entire universe.

Speaking about the music, anyone else felt that Giacchino did a very direct quotation of Jaws during the sunken car sequence?

Speaking about the music, anyone else felt that Giacchino did a very direct quotation of Jaws during the sunken car sequence?

I didn't notice that. I did notice that in that scene he reused the swirling, Danny Elfman-like string motif heard in the underwater sequence in "LA X" and Charlie's theme.