Lost

Mr. Breathmask

Good stuff. Can't wait for the next episode.

In fact, I can't wait to watch the whole season in one go.

And didn't I see

John Terry

listed in the credits? Does that by any chance mean anything?

EDIT: Never mind, turns out he was in the spot I thought he might have been.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

**************Possible Spoilers***************************

It looks like this season we are going to have alot of flash forwards, I wonder if anymore flashbacks will occur?

I'm curious as to what happens/happened to the rest of the "Others".

What happened to the kids they took? Or will this be like the older brother Chuck from Happy Days, certain characters are never mentioned after one season again so the audience will forget about them?

To my eyes the image we saw of Jacob almost looked like Jack's father. Last season I though it might be Locke but last night we got a clearer look.

Nice to see Charlie involved even though he's dead.

It looks like this season we are going to have alot of flash forwards, I wonder if anymore flashbacks will occur?

Yes. According to at least one actor (Michael Emerson), Lost will now take place in three timeframes: flashbacks, island events, and flash-forwards.

What happened to the kids they took? Or will this be like the older brother Chuck from Happy Days, certain characters are never mentioned after one season again so the audience will forget about them?

I don't know. But the kids (and Oceanic stewardess Cindy) were last briefly seen in season 3. So they're still around, one would assume.

To my eyes the image we saw of Jacob almost looked like Jack's father.

Last season I though it might be Locke but last night we got a clearer look.

It was. Lostpedia.com has a clear

framegrab of him up. John Terry also got a credit for it in the opening.

This appearance, combined with the mobisode So It Begins makes this character more mysterious than ever.

Nice to see Charlie involved even though he's dead.

Yes.

Dominic Monaghan even got a series regular credit for it. I'm told it'll be his last, though. There were several other new actors who got a credit despite not appearing in this episode (they'll be on the boat). Another non-appearing cast member that received a series regular credit was... Harold Perrineau.

:lol:

so who will be the six? or the other three, since three already are known.

To my eyes the image we saw of Jacob almost looked like Jack's father.

Last season I though it might be Locke but last night we got a clearer look.

It was. Lostpedia.com has a clear

framegrab of him up. John Terry also got a credit for it in the opening.

This appearance, combined with the mobisode So It Begins makes this character more mysterious than ever.

Don't forget in last season's flash forward

Jack mentions that his father is upstairs in the hospital or something similar

Another non-appearing cast member that received a series regular credit was... Harold Perrineau.

:lol:

Yes,

it was confirmed that Michael's character would be back this season. My guess is that he was picked up by the "rescuers" that are coming to the island.

so who will be the six? or the other three, since three already are known.

Don't really know, we do know

one of them dies (or someone related to the island) once they've been back and it wasn't Jack or Kate, because Jack goes and views the casket and then meets Kate at the end.

Don't forget in last season's flash forward

Jack mentions that his father is upstairs in the hospital or something similar

Yes, but I always thought that was just

Jack being cuckoo. The producers have stated several times that Jack's father is most definitely dead.

Yes,

it was confirmed that Michael's character would be back this season.

Yes, I know. Thought I might black it out anyway though, just in case.

Great beginning to what I hope will be a great season.

Did anyone else find it odd that Jack seemed so "together" in the flash-forward? The last time we saw the future version of him he was a complete mess.

What a great episode! I can't stand having to wait a week for the next set of answers/questions (though there are always more of the latter, of course).

Did anyone else find it odd that Jack seemed so "together" in the flash-forward? The last time we saw the future version of him he was a complete mess.

Maybe you already noticed this, but when he was playing basketball with Hurley, he mentioned that he was thinking about growing the beard. So this episode's flash forward took place before the season 3 finale's flash forward. Something makes Jack start to unravel.

Oh, and I'm very curious about what the big "lie" is they've all apparently been covering up since being rescued.

Yes I noticed that. "You'd look stupid with a beard", best line of the episode.

On a side note,

according to Lostpedia (which isn't always the best source) Jack's father seen in Jacob's cabin wasn't actually Jacob himself, but that the eye that showed up was. What Mr. Shepard is doing there is anyone's guess.

If I remember right, Sawyer also made it off- didn't Jack say something about that at the end of Season 3? So that leaves 2 more survivors. What about Walt and Michael?

Whatever the case is, it doesn't bode well for the other characters.

Gee, I would really hate it if this whole thing is one bizarre dream of Jack's on the original Oceanic flight...but Abrams could pull a Dallas if he wanted to.

There has been no mention of Sawyer getting off the island.

I think Claire (and Aaron) could very well be one of the "Oceanic 6". If you remember, Desmond had a vision of them getting rescued by a helicopter.

There has been no mention of Sawyer getting off the island.

I think Claire (and Aaron) could very well be one of the "Oceanic 6". If you remember, Desmond had a vision of them getting rescued by a helicopter.

That sounds possible

It's been so long since S3, and I'm forgetting/mixing up the old stuff by now, so some of this was really confusing for me. Looks good though.*

*Actually, I got this in HDTV and tried to watch it on the beamer. Resolutions and details are brilliant, but obviously, my multimedia PC is too old to play that stuff well. It got really jerky, and I had to watch it on the desktop system. I guess next time I'll just put the regular non-HD version on my USB stick and watch it on TV.

It's been so long since S3, and I'm forgetting/mixing up the old stuff by now, so some of this was really confusing for me.*

That is why I re-watched the Season 3 Finale with commentaries the day before and the re-cap episode before the new one,to remember the big picture

And yeah,this is one of the shows a HDTV is worth buying for

K.M.

I was thinking that the flash forwards could be what would happen if they get off the island as Jack is planning, like a possible future that hasn't been set in stone yet. The decisions they make in these episodes could change the course of events so that the terrible things we see happening in the future (Jack spiraling out of control, Hurley going insane, etc.) won't actually end up happening.

Interesting thought. Another question brought up: How can the other guy at the mental hospital see Charlie?! Also, when Hurley saw Charlie swimming towards the glass in the interrogation room, it said: They Need You on his hand.

Hurley told Jack that he should have gone with him on the island, which leads me to believe that something bad happens to Locke's group of the survivors.

I was thinking that the flash forwards could be what would happen if they get off the island as Jack is planning, like a possible future that hasn't been set in stone yet. The decisions they make in these episodes could change the course of events so that the terrible things we see happening in the future (Jack spiraling out of control, Hurley going insane, etc.) won't actually end up happening.

Yes, let's make it all even more confusing. Maybe we'll discover that everything since the end of Season 1 was a dream from Jack after he fell down the hatch and got knocked out. :P

So, I just started watching Lost the other day after discovering that ALL episodes can be viewed at ABC.com streamed in HD no less. Maybe it's old news but I'm almost floored they'd do that. (Amazing quality BTW if your computer can handle it.)

I've become shamelessly hooked. Just finished episode 12 "Whatever the Case May Be" and I'm really wishing Sawyer would just spontaneously combust. (Was it bad that I cheered at his torture?)

Locke is definitely my favorite character so far. Extremely coolheaded and competent. Doesn't get up in anyone's business. Not very gregarious (kind of like me) but always helpful. Everyone else is either worthless or has major issues (a generalization I know).

Already been spoiled on a couple things, but that hasn't kept me from really enjoying it so far. I can see now what all the excitement has been about.

Not really. We learned a lot about the people from the freighter. Also, I never specifically said just this episode, next week we already get another Oceanic Six revealed.

The show is moving at a much faster pace than the previous seasons, I like it.

There are plenty of questions and nowhere near the answers we seek.

Why was Oceanic 815 at the bottom of the ocean

?

Why were those 4 chosen to go to the island

?

Why did they find a polar bear skeleton with the Darma logo in the desert

?

Why was the pilot of the helicopter supposed to be flying Oceanic 815

?

Why are they after Ben

?

How does Ben know about them

?

Why does he have a man on their boat

?

Who is the black man that visited Hurley in the mental hospital and is he in charge of this new group

?

I could go on.

I've become shamelessly hooked. Just finished episode 12 "Whatever the Case May Be" and I'm really wishing Sawyer would just spontaneously combust. (Was it bad that I cheered at his torture?)

Locke is definitely my favorite character so far. Extremely coolheaded and competent. Doesn't get up in anyone's business. Not very gregarious (kind of like me) but always helpful. Everyone else is either worthless or has major issues (a generalization I know).

Wow, it excites me how much your opinions of all the characters will probably change as they develop. It happened to me, it happened to my friends. Only the result of fine writing can do that.

Sawyer is now one of my favourite characters. Locke is dropping down my list.

Now were getting FLASHBACKS again

I assume we'll be getting both, but next week

a member of the Oceanic 6

will be revealed, using another flash-forward.

Good episode, although it only proved to raise more questions.

Wow, it excites me how much your opinions of all the characters will probably change as they develop. It happened to me, it happened to my friends. Only the result of fine writing can do that.

Sawyer is now one of my favourite characters. Locke is dropping down my list.

I've completed Season 1 and just started Season 2 and Locke is starting to creep me out a bit ("The island demanded a sacrifice" ???). But is understandable considering the circumstances. He seems to be the only one who's willing to confront the whacked-out reality of their situation. AND one of the few characters who hasn't beaten or tried to beat the living crap out of someone else! Gee-whiz, I can't believe how many fists were thrown around. Even Jack lost it and tried to nail Locke.

So yeah, Locke is worrying me a little. Jack too often comes across as a jerk for me to really like. I'm also starting to really like Jin.

BTW, has anyone else imagined themselves on the island as one of the survivors, or am I just weird? Like for example I wear glasses, and I was just thinking would they have survived the crash? How would I get along without them? Would I get eaten by a dilophosaurus? I imagine I would hang around Locke and learn everything I could.

Sometimes I like to put myself in the media I'm watching, and Lost seems particularly apt for such fancy.

Wait til you get to season 4.

About next week, since it is indeed a

Sayid

episode, and the promo said another Oceanic 6 revealed, looks like

Sayid

gets off the island. For the other 2, I think Claire and Sun. Claire, well because Desmond saw her getting on a helicopter and in Thursday's episode they have a working helicopter. Sun because she is pregnant and if she doesn't leave she'll die and that seems like the best interest of the survivors.

Like for example I wear glasses, and I was just thinking would they have survived the crash?

Actually,nobody has ever survived a crash where the plane falls from the sky like that. This wasn't even an attempted emergency landing. The plane and passengers should have been desintegrated

This has bothered me since the beginning of the show.

K.M.

That was intentional. It all goes with Locke's theory that everyone on the island was destined to be there, which is why he is against any chance for rescue.

The jet was flying pretty low when it broke apart. To me it looked like the pilot had it on a descend approach or was attempting an emergancy landing.

It got pulled by the magnetic force and broke in many parts while still in mid air .Having whole segments of fuselage intact on dry land with people alive in them doesn't seem possible. Even airplanes that crash a few seconds after taking off are usually reduced to tiny fragments

Either they are asking us to believe something like that is part of "TV physics" or they're really all dead. But given the shows attention to details about physics,it doesn't look like something they'd oversee just to make the crash look cooler.

k.M.Who watches "Mayday" a lot on the Discovery Channel

Maybe they're doing teleportation experiments. Would explain the

dharma polar bear in the desert

and the largely intact aircraft crash, aircraft usually explode in a crash, lot of energy involved, both chemical and kenetic.... see 911.

Oh wow, we're debating the realism of LOST? Whoo.

Anyway, LOVED the newest ep. After the atrocious season opener my expectations were low, so I was pleasantly surprised. This should have opened the season - with the finding of the Oceanic underwater and constant twisting. Last week felt like a boring mid-season ep, it angered me when the last three season openers had been stunning.

Like for example I wear glasses, and I was just thinking would they have survived the crash?

Actually,nobody has ever survived a crash where the plane falls from the sky like that. This wasn't even an attempted emergency landing. The plane and passengers should have been desintegrated

This has bothered me since the beginning of the show.

K.M.

Well, naturally. The whole series is one gigantic "What the ... ?", but quite engaging nonetheless. There better be a damn good explanation for it all!

While Locke is still my favorite character, my respect for him has fallen quite a bit. I really didn't like

how he was tricked into moving the guns. Beating up Charlie didn't exactly help either, even though he deserved it

. In both instances it seemed at least a little out of character for him to be so impulsive. Charlie wins the prize for Current Most Hated Character, that ruddy little twit. <_<

I can't believe how relieved I was to get back to the 'good' side of the island after "The Other 48 Days" and related episodes. Getting back to Locke, Jack, Kate and the rest -- it was like I could breath again. Made me appreciate them even more despite their problems by showing how bad it was elsewhere. Quite an effective little side trip.

BTW, was that a reference to Empire Strikes Back when, as they were building the raft, Michael says to Jin "No! This one goes there, that one goes there!" The little Star Wars references, intentional or not, are great.

"Dude, that was like a total Jedi moment." :lol:

BTW, was that a reference to Empire Strikes Back when, as they were building the raft, Michael says to Jin "No! This one goes there, that one goes there!" The little Star Wars references, intentional or not, are great.

Yes, hence Sawyer referring to Michael and Jin as "Han and Chewie."

Yes Lost is sure "answering" questions with tonite's episode.

Actually tonite's was a little too predictable with the flash forward, especially the ending. It played out the way I thought it would.

Although it did answer one theory about the island.

My little evaluation of the episode:

Ben is using Sayid to kill the people that are after him. He threatens to harm/kill those who remained on the island if Sayid does not comply. The mysterious man that spoke to Hurley is the one who wants Ben dead. He hired Naomi to accomplish the job, as well as the Euro chick that was with Sayid.

Time on the island is different than time off the island, though it seems by only around 20 minutes. This explains why Daniel told the pilot to follow the exact bearing because he knew something was wrong. He also said in last week's episode that the light scatters differently. My guess is that the island has it's own magnetic field that causes this time descreptancy.

The specific bearing has already been mentioned as being the only way to get in or out of the island. Ben told it to Michael when he left.