Would you buy an AOTC Ultimate Edition 2 CD set?

UCFKevin

I think just because I'm a sucker for anything Star Wars, especially when it includes previously unavailable Force themes, I probably would.

But, dammit, I wouldn't feel good about it!

Hell, half of the 2nd CD would be TPM music. Unless it was all new AOTC music......THAT would kick a mighty amount of arse!

I'd buy it if it was all of the music that Williams wrote for the film properly assembled. I don't think I'm asking for much.

Neil

Well, either ala the Special Editions, basically using the music the way Williams wanted to use it, OR the way the score is presented in the movie.

I'd be VERY hesistant to buy the latter, but like I said, I'm an idiot, and I probably would.

Maybe the DVD will have William's original score? Here's hoping....

I would buy it, no matter what.

Dan - who has no complaints about any SW release. 8O

:) "Fourth Floor Hallway" from Panic Room (Shore)

Sucker that I am, I'd probably buy it, regardless of how it's presented, but I would definitely prefer it as Williams composed it. I would tolerate a film edt version, if only for the unreleased music, but I wouldn't be very happy with it. I would like up-front and honest advertising from Sony so I know what I'm getting this time.

I don't have a huge problem with the edits as presented in the film. I was dissapointed a little to be sure, but I can live with it. However, I don't care for a film edit on an album because the edits aren't covered up by sound-effects and they're quite jarring. It ruins the listening experience.

Yes, I would buy it, and I would be definitively happy if :

- there is only one cover version.

- the tracks are in film order.

- the tracks are as John Williams recorded, and not loop montages like TPM UE.

I am trying to resist my wish to buy the score available at present, because what I really want is the Special Edition.Sony bastards know that a lot of people can´t resist.

I personally dont think i would buy a 2CD set again if i owned the original.

Its blatant consumer manipulation which needs to be halted at the start line.

PM Ultimate Edition can be allowed through. But releasing a double CD of AOTC?

Well, that would prove conclusively that its just sneeky deliberate manipulation.

I'd buy it regardless, but I would have great respect for Sony if they listened to fans wants and would issue the AOTC: UE with literally "all of the music John Williams wrote for AOTC". They wouldn't believe the good will this would generate with the core audience who would buy this album to begin.

Regardless, I hope a UE is in the works sooner than later (I don't want to have to wait a year and a half again) :)

If they decide to treat the score with respect and do a true release of all the music as John Williams originally meant it, I'll buy it. If they just lift the music as heard in the final movie, forget it.

I hate to be a cynic, but I bet some Sony exec will read this thread and say, "Oh. I guess they would still buy it if we released the score as heard in the movie." Heck, I'm guilty too. I'd buy the hacked up version because it's still more Williams, but I too wouldn't be happy about it.

I think the reason Sony released the score as in the movie for TPM was that a lot of non-score fans were expected to buy it. They would listen to it and expect to hear what they heard in the film (not knowing and probably not realizing it was editted). I've actually heard some complaint about the RCA victor release because it's not the score as heard in the film!

I sincerely hope that Sony releases the score as it was intended. Hopefully the Episode II DVD will have an ISO score or something. That way the people who want to hear the edits can pop in the DVD (they can't care about the music that much though). Then the true lovers of the music can hear the version they want in a complete release.

A dream to be sure. Can anyone honestly see Sony doing a complete release with alternates? Have they ever done anything like that?

I'll definitely buy it. i don't have too much of a problem with the Phantom Menace Ultimate Edition. What everybody says about it is surely true, but there a lot of great cues on it that aren't on the original soundtrack. It has a good forty minutes of great music not founf on the OST. The Attack of the Clones Ultimate Edition may not have as much music to be released as Phantom Menace, since a good bit of it IS Phantom Menace, but it will have a good share of solid music. I've seen the film four times and just love it and have noticed a lot of really good music not on the current CD, which includes lots of good underscore and some brief fanfares here and there. The more I see the movie the more I want the inevitable expanded release of the score. The editing might be bad but at least it'll have a good bit of really great music.

I just hope it is put together like the double disc versions of the original trilogy. I'd much rather have 11 minute tracks then 40 second tracks, but that's just me.

Yes, I have to give it to you that there is great unreleased music. And, I agree that I would like the format to be like the original trilogy. Those 40 second tracks don't do much for me.

~Harry

I think the reason why I do like the Phantom Menace Ultimate Edition to the point of overlooking the editing flaws is because of the underscore. One thing that is sorely overlooked in the Star Wars scores is the underscore. Sure, everybody loves the loud action music and the sweeping themes, but I think a lot of credit should be given to the underscore, which Williams did so well with Phantom Menace in my opinion. The art of underscore is very important, and Williams, especially with the Star Wars scores, really knows how to capture the mood and atmosphere of a particular scene. Not surprisingly, he did so with Attack of the Clones. So I guess that is the reason why I always find myself sticking up for the Ultimate Edition, and as mentioned prior, I really can't wait for the for Attack of the Clones

I'll buy any CD that has Williams music I don't already own- Of course I'd prefer a "complete" 2CD set like the Special Editions,

If they release it - I will buy it.

I'm a SW sucker, so I would definatley buy it, then burn it onto new CDs without the TPM cues. Sony thinks they put protection on the AOTC CD we have now? I've already burned a film edit of it with the info from Takis' article!

John-- thinking he may have just said too much... :)

But, what about the unreleased TPM edits used? (video games don't count, poor quality)

If Sony is smart, they are going for the "we want the customers to love us" in stead of the "we want customers to buy everything" approach.

Give customers what they want and they will love Sony for it...extort them with second chopped up releases, and they will hate you, and only buy the necessary stuff from them (like I do now), because you do not wish to help someone that is extorting you.

With the first approach I think they will get more buyers in the end...but I guess they are just not that smart. Unless I'm wrong. :oops:

• 12 years later...

They're punishing us!

We have been naughty fans and we deserve it, oh yes we deserve it!

This post bumping made me feel a bit old... there are things that we fans wanted to be released 12 years ago, and the same fans (plus new ones) are still waiting and hoping for their release...

(my answer is "yes")