oscar speeches?

tony69

anyone happen to have william's oscar speeches when he won for the previous 5? or how about more importantly the video clips themselves? i'm especially interested to hear his first two speeches for fiddler and jaws.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sound clips of his Schindler's List and E.T. speeches are on this page: http://www.mahawa.jw-music.net/films/films_index.htm

I haven't located clips for Fiddler or Jaws, sorry.

Yeah, that's the place to go. His speeches are usually very brief, though.

1983: E.T. The Extra-Terrrestrial

"Thank you. I feel very lucky to have been asked by Steven Spielberg to compose the score for this very optimistic and loving and beautiful film. And I would like to thank the orchestra here in Hollywood that contributed mightily to this soundtrack. And for me, this is a particular joy. Thank you."

1994: Schindler's List

"Thank you all so very much. I want to thank for his friendship and support Ken Wannberg. And for their great artistry Itzhak Perlman and the Boston Symphony Orchestra. And for a man who always makes work and has a seeming unending source of inspiration; Steven Spielberg. Thank you."

I bet you in the back of his mind, Williams was thinking, in 1983, after winning again for E.T., that he would probably end up appearing regularly on that same stage.

Little did he know that he'd have to wait 11 years before his next -- and final -- win.

Bowie - who hopes he can go back and erase those penultimate words after this year's March 5th ceremony.

I bet you in the back of his mind, Williams was thinking, in 1983, after winning again for E.T., that he would probably end up appearing regularly on that same stage.

Little did he know that he'd have to wait 11 years before his next -- and final -- win.

Bowie - who hopes he can go back and erase those penultimate words after this year's March 5th ceremony.

As do I. :(