Best 21st Century Williams Score: The Final Showdown!

robthehand

Which Is Your LEAST Favourite?  

70 members have voted

1. 1.

• Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
    • Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith

8O

Revenge of the Sith and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban are the two that have survived.

Vote for which one you want to LOSE. Do not vote for your favourite.

24 hours, as usual.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah the ultimate showdown!

Well, in terms of originality, Sith has to go for me this time. Azkaban for teh win!

Edit: 8O I accidently voted for Azkaban :oops:

Well, ROTS is one of Williams' finest efforts (second only to ESB in the Star Wars saga, I think), but an even finer effort, and that's saying a lot, would be his masterpiece Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

Away with ROTS. It's a shame it's still here, but if POA wins, one of the best 21st Century Williams scores wins (and possibly my favourite), so not all is lost.

Marian - who'd choose at least all the Potter scores, and possibly WOTW, over ROTS.

:) The Fellowship of the Ring (Howard Shore)

Marian - who'd choose at least all the Potter scores, and possibly WOTW, over ROTS.

I'm indeed impressed that WotW has been eliminated so soon. I like that very much.

I can say that is at the Top 4 of all the scores Williams composed in 2005. :)

And in the end, I keep voting for a Harry Potter score.

Revenge of the Sith is my favorite Star Wars score (I won't say "the best", these absolute statements have been overused in all this contest), after The Phantom Menace, and one of John Williams' greatest efforts.

I would choose WOTW over any score.

I'm afraid nobody understood (or at least appreciated) the different dramatic dimensions John Williams developed in that film.

I did! :)

Tim, who voted to release Revenge of the Sith from this contest. May Azkaban be the winner!

P.S., I would say Philospher's Stone is the best 21th Century score for Williams.

Gotta vote Azkaban. It's a good score, but ROTS is better. For the same reason as hornist. It's BIG. It's epic, tragic, hopeful, all at the same time. I think it's by far the most complex 21st Century score with the more memorable, challenging music. And again, the interwoven themes fit perfectly.

I had to vote for POA. While I love both scores, I listen to ROTS far more than POA. I also feel I understand it better. (Of course, these could both be side-affects of constant editing...)

well its obvious the future is bleak here with all the newbie's voting HPSS off over the insipid Rots,

the utter ignorance that Rots is superior to SS, or any JW HP score is beyond belief, serious there isn't a single track on Rots that is the equal or superior to Hedwids Theme, Diagon Alley, Harry's Wonderous World, Fawkes Theme, COS, Reunion of Friends, Window to the Past, Buckbeak's flight, and Double Trouble.

I think RotS is by far the most complex 21st Century score with the more memorable, challenging music.  And again, the interwoven themes fit perfectly.

PoA actually beats it in both of those categories. There are at least three new themes in PoA. There are only two in RotS, and one of them sounds a heck of a lot like Cinque's Theme. And if you want to hear complexity, listen to "The Whomping Willow." Here there are none of Williams' cliche "auto-pilot" interjections with flute and xylophone. And, oh yes, they returned for RotS. :mrgreen:

See ya, Sith! (That's what Obi-Wan said!) :sleepy:

~Sturgis

*Shakes head*

I find the margin between votes for Sith and PoA apalling.

I just don't see what's great about Sith...or how it survived this far and how PoA is gotten so many votes with it as competition.

Sith isn't as bad as many of you claim.  :roll:

you're right, its worse. LOL :mrgreen:

I voted off Sith. POA never ceases to entertain me, Sith gets boring. I always watch POA on Showtime so I can listen to Peter Pettigrew's theme. Frightening! Azkaban is one of the most entertaining scores I have ever heard.

I would have more of a problem between RotS and HPSS.Now I voted PoA off.

You are so obsess with the score for RotS. :mrgreen:

I don't think it's any surprise that HP will win (I voted for it). What I'm really suprised in is people's hatred for Sith. If anyone thinks Sith is better than a Harry Potter score, than they're idiots or newbies or SW fanboys . . .

Geeze guys, relax. Art is all a matter of opinion. I know I said it before, but I'm just glad to find others that actually dig Williams' music. I'm not about to swear off the boards if my favorite score isn't yours.

If anyone thinks Sith is better than a Harry Potter score, than they're idiots or newbies or SW fanboys . . .

Finally! You see where we're coming from. Seriously, it's not that anyone hates Sith, it's just enraging that the novelty score is considered by anyone to be anywhere near the best of Williams' best output in this century. When it comes down to it, Sith will never be the better score in many people's view. I'm just as confused why it's so loved as you are why it's so unliked, but that's just the way it is.

well its obvious the future is bleak here with all the newbie's voting HPSS off over the insipid Rots,

the utter ignorance that Rots is superior to SS, or any JW HP score is beyond belief, serious there isn't a single track on Rots that is the equal or superior to Hedwids Theme, Diagon Alley, Harry's Wonderous World, Fawkes Theme, COS, Reunion of Friends, Window to the Past, Buckbeak's flight, and Double Trouble.

As I said, it's quite enraging.

I don't think it's any surprise that HP will win (I voted for it).  What I'm really suprised in is people's hatred for Sith.  If anyone thinks Sith is better than a Harry Potter score, than they're idiots or newbies or SW fanboys . . .  

You know what frack off (Taken from BSG but hey better than actually saying the real word). I'm not an idiot or a newbie. I just don't like Harry Potter. It's over-rated. Yes it's my opinion. If you don't like my opinion TOUGH CRAP.

I don't think it's any surprise that HP will win (I voted for it).  What I'm really suprised in is people's hatred for Sith.  If anyone thinks Sith is better than a Harry Potter score, than they're idiots or newbies or SW fanboys . . .  

You know what frack off (Taken from BSG but hey better than actually saying the real word). I'm not an idiot or a newbie. I just don't like Harry Potter. It's over-rated. Yes it's my opinion. If you don't like my opinion TOUGH CRAP.

Ya know, I've just re-read what I said and I'm afraid there's probably several misunderstandings. First and foremost, I voted for HP meaning I voted AGAINST it. Secondly, I meant to say that the whole "If anyone thinks Sith is better than a Harry Potter score . . ." quote was what other people are saying.

If you want to know the truth, I myself was about to go off on a rant on how the Sith score kicks the ass of any Potter score, any day of the week and twice on Sundays, but I decided to be a little bit more passive ('cause I'm a pussy).

With that said, hopefully the second paragraph makes a little bit more sense. I wasn't trying to come off like an arrogant ass or anything.

I think he was joking...

How can PoA ever win!? I really cannot get into JWFans psyches... In gods name let Sith win if PoA is the only alternative.

Steef, in reply to your reply in round eleven, no I don't want you to leave, I was just wondering if you would.