Superman II: "I cannot work with this man."

Kevin McCallister

Here is a new interview with Ilya Salkind, one of the original producers of the Superman films. At one point, he mentions Williams and his absence from Superman II:

The sequel lost one more participant from the original - conductor John Williams whose original score was adapted for "Superman II" by Ken Thorne. Salkind recalled that Williams was set to return until an unfortunate happenstance. "John Williams came to London, we paid [for] the trip. He saw the [second] film. I made a mistake. I let him alone with Lester in the screening room and somehow Lester and him did not hit it off at all. At the end of the screening, John said 'Ilya can I speak to you?' He said 'Look I cannot work with this man.' That was it."

Wow. I wonder what Lester did.

The entire interview is here: http://www.supermanhomepage.com/movies/mov...terview-salkind

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a new interview with Ilya Salkind, one of the original producers of the Superman films. At one point, he mentions Williams and his absence from Superman II:
The sequel lost one more participant from the original - conductor John Williams whose original score was adapted for "Superman II" by Ken Thorne. Salkind recalled that Williams was set to return until an unfortunate happenstance. "John Williams came to London, we paid [for] the trip. He saw the [second] film. I made a mistake. I let him alone with Lester in the screening room and somehow Lester and him did not hit it off at all. At the end of the screening, John said 'Ilya can I speak to you?' He said 'Look I cannot work with this man.' That was it."

Wow. I wonder what Lester did.

The entire interview is here: http://www.supermanhomepage.com/movies/mov...terview-salkind

Wow bloody hell, I wonder what was said