• Sleepers
    • Rosewood
    • The Lost World: Jurassic Park
    • Seven Years in Tibet
    • Amistad
    • Saving Private Ryan
    • Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace
    • Angela's Ashes

In round one Stanley & Iris was voted off, round two Sabrina, round three Stepmom, so place your votes for the next to go!

REMEMBER TO VOTE FOR LEAST FAVOURITE!!

Presumed Innocent

Home Alone

Hook

JFK

Far and Away

Home Alone 2: Lost In New York

Jurassic Park

Schindler's List

Nixon

Sleepers

Rosewood

The Lost World: Jurassic Park

Seven Years In Tibet

Amistad

Saving Private Ryan

Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

Angela's Ashes

My vote goes to Amistad this time.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell is going on with Schindler's List? It was never my favroite of the '90s scores, but Top 5 no doubt. I though everyone loved it. Perhaps another misunderstading is in order? People voting for their favorite again? I guess it's not that big of a deal because now my favorite score, JP, may have a better chance at winning!

Bye Angela!

oh man :|

Sometime I think you guys are deliberately voting off the better scores, just to pi** us younger guys off :)

Interesting theory.

Goodbye Amistad!

I agree, Merkel. I sometimes think that the majority of the members on this board only like Williams for his association with Star Wars, Harry Potter, and mainstream Steven Spielberg projects. I know that most of his mainstream works fall into those categories, but some of his best music is for smaller, quieter films like Angela's Ashes, Presumed Innocent, and Seven Years In Tibet. It's a shame that these scores get very little attention on the Board.

Ted

Schindler's List has never struck a chord with me.... :oops: :cry:

Schindler's Workforce and I Could Have Done More are the only tracks that have my full attention. The others just seem to meander too much, revelling in their depressiveness...although all have really beautiful moments.

Angela's Ashes and Seven Years in Tibet on the other hand I really enjoyed...

Schindler's Workforce and I Could Have Done More  are the only tracks that have my full attention.   The others just seem to meander too much, revelling in their depressiveness...although all have really beautiful moments.

It works wonders in the film (which is what it's intended for, of course :)).

OK, this is a nonsense. Schindler got 8 votes (that didn't get in previous polls). The Phantom Menace now only has 3 votes, a score which was almost eliminated at first.

My guess: someone has multiple nicks, and is voting a lot of times to the same score in each round. Having fun, just to see our reactions.

I'm sorry,but those who are voting off Schindler's list have absolutely no musical brain whatsoever....I'm sure it would be Williams's favorite among all of those....come on people be smart...or this pole has absolutely no meaning.

Richard

By the way,i voted Rosewood off..i'm not too much into gospel

I don't get the Schindler voters either. I don't listen to the score myself, as I haven't seen the film and it's just very depressing & not my kind of thing, but I still respect it and recognise it as a good score.

On the other hand, you're asking for our least favourites, well there's a difference between best and favourite, as has been mentioned before.

And I agree Scissorhands, at least 1 person's just having a bit of fun here :)

SL is one of the most effective scores of all time. And one of the most haunting. And one of the most beautiful. And one of the most tragic. And one of the most sad. And....

FOR GOODNESS SAKES DONT VOTE IT OFF NOW!

I don't get the Schindler voters either. I don't listen to the score myself, as I haven't seen the film and it's just very depressing & not my kind of thing, but I still respect it and recognise it as a good score.

On the other hand, you're asking for our least favourites, well there's a difference between best and favourite, as has been mentioned before.

And I agree Scissorhands, at least 1 person's just having a bit of fun here :)

who in their right mind wouldnt like schindler's list?

i guess people in their wrong mind. :|

I voted for Schindler's List, its overrated, I can think of one score from 1993 by John Williams that is much better.

I don't like Schindler's List...the movie or the soundtrack anymore than I like slitting my own wrists....

If I want sad and depressing...I want it to have a slight glimmer of hope sprinkled here and there.

But then again, I also don't like Hook (besides the prologue and the first few seconds of "The Ultimate War") and I like the Phantom Meanace, so I'm sure many would find my taste questionable.

If you want to know the kind of depressive music I do enjoy, go listen to The Russia House.

I don't like Schindler's List...the movie or the soundtrack anymore than I like slitting my own wrists....

If I want sad and depressing...I want it to have a slight glimmer of hope sprinkled here and there.  

But then again, I also don't like Hook (besides the prologue and the first few seconds of "The Ultimate War")  and I like the Phantom Meanace, so I'm sure many would find my taste questionable.

If you want to know the kind of depressive music I do enjoy, go listen to The Russia House.

im concerned for you.

But then again, I also don't like Hook (besides the prologue and the first few seconds of "The Ultimate War")  and I like the Phantom Meanace, so I'm sure many would find my taste questionable.

im concerned for you.

As you should be! :)

Saving Private Ryan again.

BTW, Schindler's list, Sabrina, Stanley and Iris, and TPM are all among my favourite 6 Williams scores of the '90s (with Hook and Jurassic Park). Looks like they will all be gone before we get down to 10 left!

:)

I don't see how can you call Sl depressing. The only depressing track is Auchwitz. The score is achingly beautiful. It's sublime. It is without a doubt one of JW's greatest achievements.

Just like the 21st Century poll, there's always a few more minimalist scores that get voted for way too early.

For me, in this round they are Presumed Innocent and SPR (I hope you haven't been reading Christian Clemmenson's review) :shakehead:

The fact that TPM is still there prooves someone screwed with the poll in round 1.Maybe the same thing happened to Schindler's now.I don't listen to Schindler's much,but it's better than someother ones in the list for sure.

K.M.Wondering where's Round 5