The Turin Games

tuneman_21

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess there was a problem with the links. I'm not sure what you heard, but try these on my own website instead:

Anti-Nazi: link removed (should be Brokaw talking about an Italian hero)

Home Depot: link removed (should talk about superheroes)

Moderator's note: please use the PM system to exchange sound files

During the Closing Ceremonies, Bocelli sang his song again. It's called "Because We Believe" ("Ama Credi Evai"), and was written for these Olympics. Hopefully they'll do a "let's review the moments of the games" set to JW's music at the end (still 40 minutes to go). I'll let you all know.

There not putting little bits of Olympic Fanfare into the closing ceremonies,but I recorded a few new bumpers this afternoon.

Also,I heard this afternoon a "soft" rendition of Section B from Olympic Fanfare and Theme played over a montage about Sacha Cohen,but I wasn't recording...

the credits are on..no JW so far.

K.M.

Well, it's over. As I suspected during the credits of the Olympics there was a musical visual montage.

There were two pieces, both from film scores, none JW, though.

1) Unknown

2) Unknown, but this music which concluded the montage is from the same score as the "anti-nazi" music that I refered to in previous posts. It's a dramatic, though simple, theme. Anyone know which score this is?

In case anyone is interested, I have these recorded.

I can help. 2 is "Remember the Titans" by Trevor Rabin. They used it in Athens. However, what was number 1? I think it may be "The Perfect Storm" by Horner, can anyone confirm that? Also, the Athens games had a website devoted to the NBC bumper music, does anyone know of one in Torino?

The Ghoest- Who thinks the coolest commercial music was Walgreen's "Perfect" commercials, which sounded like "Edward Scissorhands". If anyone has that one, send it here!

Thanks for letting us know about Remember the Titans. Too bad the CD includes "songs" and only 7.5 minutes of the score.

Here in Massachusetts we didn't get any Walgreens commercials, so I'd be interested in hearing the music to that as well. But that Home Depot commercial! It's amazing.

Yes, it's the last track, called "Titan's Spirit." And you're definitely right (as confirmed by the 30 second samples on Best Buy). But I wouldn't buy the whole CD for just the 7.5 minutes of score. I may download that track from iTunes or something.

Does anyone know the music at the end of NBC's coverage last night. It was played with the highlights and showing the credits. IS this John williams? IF so what is it? If not, does anyone know who composed it?

thanks

I know this is a bump, but does ANYONE know if it was the Perfect Storm?!

The Ghoest-

The Adtunes forum is probably the best place to find answers for this kind of thing. Have you looked at this thread: http://adtunes.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22824

The consensus seems to be that the first cue was indeed "The Perfect Storm."

I still want to know why, with all the WONDERFUL music that Italy has brought to the world, they insisted on using washed up 70's disco music at the opening ceremonies and washed up 90's American pop stars (ie Ricky Martin) at the closing ceremonies. I expected more...too much I guess.

("Ama Credi Evai")

Actually it is "Ama, credi e vai", which means "Love, Believe and Go".

I still want to know why, with all the WONDERFUL music that Italy has brought to the world, they insisted on using washed up 70's disco music at the opening ceremonies and washed up 90's American pop stars (ie Ricky Martin) at the closing ceremonies.  I expected more...too much I guess.

You know, the fact is that Italian people are listening more and more often to international music. The "old" Italian music (such as "Nel blu dipinto di blu") isn't loved by youhg generations as it was in past times. A sign of this "crisis" is that the most famous Italian musical competition, the San Remo festival, isn't as watched on TV as people did once. This is why the very end of the closing ceremony resembled more a night at the disco than a closing ceremony of Italian Olympic Games.