• Prologue from Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone
    • Prologue from War Of The Worlds
    • Prologue from Born on the 4th of July

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn! I just realized that County Galway, 1892 is NOT called Prologue at all...

It is therefor invalid...

Marc; could you please remove it from the poll-options?

Thanks! While you're at it, could you also send me €100,- from the Jwfan-bank account? Thanks!

Though I voted for Hook, I will say that HP is clearly in second place. It begins so simply and magically, perfectly setting the tone for the film and score, and capturing the essence of the books perfectly. I particularly love the swirling strings in the beginning, which are absent from "Hedwig's Theme." With that said, however, the prologue from Hook is among the best 90 seconds of music Williams has composed, as was stated above. Such an infectious, swashbuckling energy...I only wish I could find the trailer it was written for. It's not on the DVD. :wave:

Ray Barnsbury

Hook. I've never heard the spirit of score summed up so well in a minute in a half, it serves as a wonderful musical prologue for what is to come. The first few seconds of the Hook album make for the best opening of any soundtrack I have, probably.

Such an infectious, swashbuckling energy...I only wish I could find the trailer it was written for.  It's not on the DVD. ;)

I've also been unable to find it anywhere. I'm dying to see it.

Out of the rest, Harry Potter and JFK are two of the best ever. I didn't even particulaly like the Harry Potter theme at first. But gradually it 'clicked', and became just one of 'those' themes, up there with the best of them. JW just nailed the entire movie, character and book in that melody. And the prologue itself is just the best presentation of that theme. It is also a wonderful kind of mischievous sounding presentation for the so-called Nimbus 2000 theme. I love the way JW uses his strings in the track.

JFK is simply glorious, a heartfelt tribute to the hope and spirit JFK represented.

I do like the Far and Away one, very much so, but I think that A- the score is one of JW slighter ones (although I can hardly imagine a better 'slight' score) and B- The less I remember about that terrible, terrible, film, the happier I am- so I can't recall it's use in the movie.

Does "Anything Goes" from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom count as Prologue?

Obviously not, since it is not called Prologue

But I wonder if Prologue: Book II and The Escape from the Dursleys counts. It has "prologue" in it.

- Marc, who wouldn't vote for that pastiche anyway.