Kameo: Elements of Power - Whoa!

BLUMENKOHL

:|

I picked this up upon the recommendation of a friend. Being a video game score, I treated it with pretty low expectations, and boy was I pleasantly surprised. Never heard of Steve Burke before either, but now I'll be keeping an eye on his career.

It's some fantastic music, with a nice balance of slow and action cues. There are bits and pieces that remind me of Williams and Goldsmith, but overall it has its own sound. The slower stuff never gets boring, and is quite beautiful (especially the last track), and the action material is just pure energetic stuff.

At first I put in and decided to listen to it in the background while doing some other work, and from the first track, I decided against that, and paid full attention.

Definitely recommend it to you all, one of the best out of 2005. Unfortunately, it seems to have passed under the radar being a game soundtrack (and it honestly doesn't sound a bit like one, it could just as well accompany an epic feature). It's a very energizing soundtrack.

And I just found some [very good quality] samples of a few of the tracks:

http://www.kameosoundtrack.com/

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, it seems to have passed under the radar being a game soundtrack (and it honestly doesn't sound a bit like one, it could just as well accompany an epic feature).  It's a very energizing soundtrack.

So what does a game soundtrack sound like? There are some pretty great ones.

Marian - who likes good game scores. ROTFLMAO

:| Born on the Fourth of July

Unfortunately, it seems to have passed under the radar being a game soundtrack (and it honestly doesn't sound a bit like one, it could just as well accompany an epic feature).  It's a very energizing soundtrack.

So what does a game soundtrack sound like? There are some pretty great ones.

Marian - who likes good game scores. :)

:music: Born on the Fourth of July

Usually....overly simple...way too ambient...or way too loopy. ;) Or just plan annoying. Way too synthetic...etc. etc. :P