• Home Alone
    • Hook
    • JFK
    • Far and Away
    • Jurassic Park
    • The Lost World: Jurassic Park
    • Seven Years in Tibet
    • Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

In round one Stanley & Iris was voted off, round two Sabrina, round three Stepmom, round four Presumed Innocent, round five Sleepers, round six Nixon, round seven Rosewood, round eight Schindler's List, round nine Amistad, round ten Saving Private Ryan, round eleven Angela's Ashes, round twelve Home Alone 2, so place your votes for the next to go!

REMEMBER TO VOTE FOR LEAST FAVOURITE!!!!

Home Alone

Hook

JFK

Far and Away

Jurassic Park

The Lost World: Jurassic Park

Seven Years In Tibet

Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

My vote goes to Far and Away.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JFK and Far and Away are brilliant, far better than the cutesy Home Alone, a score I like for the Star of Bethlehem theme and the Setting the Trap cue, and that's it.

Ted

Far and Away is a bit of an oddity for me.I enjoy the tracks in general,but I have never felt compelled to make a complete score edit with the Vol 2 bootleg.I guess I don't like it that much.

k.M.

JFK, JFK, JFK, JFK, JFK.
:|

Seven Years in Tibet :P

I agree with Mr Vincent. JFK has one of Williams' finest pieces: Arlington. The Death of David Ferry is scary as hell. The main title is strikingly classic sounding. The Conspirators was used here first!!! (Then in JP etc etc) All in all a great score. What does Tibet have aside from the haunting main title?

Richuk, did you really mean Arlington: meh??? :P

I wouldn't call Home Alone cutesy at all. Sentimental, magical, lovely, and moving are more like it. That said, Far and Away just edges it out in my book.

Ray Barnsbury - surprised and suspicious at the sudden amount of votes for Hook

I guess the problem is that some scores like Hook polarize. Some love it, some hate it. So those who hate it combine their votes to get it off, where a score noone is really passionate about survives longer.

I think JFK is the weakest of them.sure,there's a few good tracks,but a lot of it is plodding suspense  music

But those few tracks are so postively amazing, that they make the score one of the greatest ever.

Morlock- who filled the void created by HA2's absence by voting for The Lost World (though it could've easily been Tibet)

Curse all of you voting for Hook.

Indeed. The score is top notch. Easily in the top 3 up there.

Quite, along with Home Alone and Far and Away.

Ray Barnsbury - who knows neither of these will win :?

Technically, the poll closed at 8:28PM on Feb. 22nd. Anything after that doesn't count, and the scores were tied over two hours go when that time came. This thread should have been locked a while ago. It's unfair to consider the current results.

Tim

I am surprised that everybody is asking the wrong questions and avoids the most important one: How come a sparkling and rich effort like Hook lost over far weaker scores like Home Alone, The Lost World and even JFK?

Like I said in the other thread, I don't know exactly what happened, but there are several options:

1) Re-run the whole of round thirteen

2) Carry on with the tie breaker, and go on to round 14 afterwards

3) Go straight on to round fourteen eliminating Hook

Which would people prefer?