The Best Oscar-winning Original Score of the 21st century

Trumpeteer

What is the best Oscar-winning Original Score of the 21st century?  

35 members have voted

1. 1.

• Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2000)
    • The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)
    • Frida (2002)
    • The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003)
    • Finding Neverland (2004)

"The Omen" has moved on as the best Oscar-winning Original Score of the 1970s. "Out of Africa" trounced the field of the 1980s. "Dances With Wolves" barely won the 1990s race. Now it's time to vote on the best Oscar-winning score of the 21st century. Since John Williams has not won in this century yet, all scores are included. The winner will face "The Omen," "Out of Africa" and "Dances With Wolves" next week to determine which score is the best.

Voting closes on Tuesday, Feb. 28.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose The Return of the King, so far. Of course, it's still early in the century to make such a poll, but based on the list you provided, I'd have to say RotK, despite the fact that I believe The Two Towers is the best Ring score (but it didn't win an Oscar).

Tim

I can't vote in this one, and besides we should have waited till the Oscars were over.

Disregarding Finding Neverland, which I haven't heard, it's ROTK.

Feel free to disregard it even if you have heard it. It was a dumb, dumb, dumb win.

For me, ROTK, but I can think of half a dozen better scores from the 21st Century.

Let's see....I can think of about 8 scores I like more from the current century. RoTK is kind of like Superman. A lot of amazing material, but I think there's too much in there that is nothing special. And I was dissapointed with the scoring of the entire finale (I mean like the last 45 minutes of the film). Not bad, god forbid, but not the amazing, sweeping close I was hoping for. I can't decide if I like this or Sinbad more from 2003. RoTK has some highs Sinbad can't top...but IMO, Sinbad has no lows, and is simply a joy of an score from the very begining to the very end.