The Best Oscar-winning Original Score of the past 35 years

Trumpeteer

What is the best Oscar-winning Original Score of the past 35 years?  

33 members have voted

1. 1.

• The Omen (1976)
    • Out of Africa (1985)
    • Dances With Wolves (1990)
    • The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for Dances With Wolves as the best of the four, but I do not think it the best Oscar-winning Original score of the past 35 years.

Meh, it's a good score. I don't think it's particularly great. It may be a landmark score, but, for my money, The second score is more fun and the third score more exciting and really scary. The first one sounds a bit hokey to me by itself.

These polls are wrong. Taking the best scores of four seperate decades and then say those scores are the best four scores over those four decades is incorrect.

I think it's a rather dismal line up, but that's just me.

Morlock- who thinks we should give the whole thing up now if those are the best

I find 3 out of 4 of the scores to be either classics or destined for classichood.

Justin - Who thinks The Omen is better than many Williams classics.

Shouldn't there be more than four scores to choose from when you have ... um, 35 years to cover?

Nevertheless, I voted for Return Of The King, which is in my humble opinion not only the best LOTR score, but the freshest score of the past, um, two decades.

Shouldn't there be more than four scores to choose from when you have ... um, 35 years to cover?

Nevertheless, I voted for Return Of The King, which is in my humble opinion not only the best LOTR score, but the freshest score of the past, um, two decades.

If you've been paying attention, you'd know that we've had four polls picking one score from each decade.

It would have been impossible to make the four or five highest vote-getters of all four decades (1970-2004) the finalists because the same people did not vote in every poll, and each poll had varying degrees of participation.

If you don't like the poll, don't vote.

Hey, I don't hang around JWFan all day long!

And no, I have NOT seen the previous four polls, since I have access to the internet about one and a half days a week at the moment.

I DO like the poll, otherwise I wouldn't have voted, I just asked the obvious (obvious for those who don't spend all of their spare time on these boards), so leave me alone.

The Omen, is the best of these, but Titanic was the best non williams left out

As much as I liked Return of the King....

The Maestro wins for The Omen.

There is nothing more evil. Except maybe the frenzied action music in "Spock Walk" from TMP.

I voted for Dances With Wolves as the best of the four, but I do not think it the best Oscar-winning Original score of the past 35 years.

Ditto...