Star Wars is fading away...

Jurassosaurus

Someone needs to bring in the fresh new blood. The "old school" filmakers are rapidly running out of steam.

Oh my God!!! You're actually refering to Lucas as "old school"???? I remember when Lucas, Spielberg, Scorsese and Coppola were being called "the movie brats". Man, this makes me feel old!

:mrgreen: :wow: :) :cry:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Figo, you really need to get over yourself. For some odd reason, you seem to think you're some kind of bad ass who can do no wrong.  

I didn't say anything about rape or murder being associated in my life, but I'm certain that there are some here that have experienced it in one way or the other, so have some tact. But hey, just because it hasn't happened to you or anyone you care about, who cares, right? Joke away!

My balls weren't twisted to begin with, but if you feel it necessary to "kick my ass", go right ahead, I'm rather interested to see how you'll accomplish that, Mr. Tough Guy.  

And this DID begin as a personal attack when you called me an asshole. We were having an intelligent conversation without bringing insults or condescending remarks, at least I thought so, but you had to lower it by bringing in the asshole line.

Bah.

Personally, I think this whole argument is absolutely ridiculous and this is the last I'll write about it. If there's anything further you wish to say to me, email me at UCFKevin@aol.com. There's no reason to tarnish this message board with our petty, pointless fight.

Good.

Morn, I know you meant to say that Star Wars is the best score of the original trilogy. It is a great score better than empire or jedi, or tpm and definetly better than aotc.

LIER!!!!

With out Star Wars there is none of the others. Period.

Yeah, so? Without Korngold, there is no Star Wars. Period.

IMO ROTJ is the weakest score of the OT.

Are you insane?

There is some geek in me, but not the much geek in me to want to follow that soulless film series.

Soulless? That films huge soul is almost the only feature that makes it what it is!

Things don't have to be SCREECHING LOUD to be scary.

They are not supposed to be just scary, but menacing, powerful and evil.

I've never heard of John Williams writing a score for a film called "A New Hope". I'll be sure to stay away from it.

Man, get with the times.

Sadly I personally think there was no way Lucas could have lived up to the hype of the original trilogy and that Williams could as well.

He was doomed before he even began filming them.

I will admit that even though the prequels are not on the level of the original trilogy they are still fun films to watch and alot better than most films out there.

IMHO I think one of the reasons the prequels don't really work as well is that the characters portrayed now were only secondary ones in the original. Yes Vader was the main villian but his screen time as Anakin is slight and we really don't get to know the character. As Vader he is pure evil and I think alot of people find it hard to accept that he was once a child/young man. Obi-Wan was killed in ANH and only appeared for a few minutes in the following two films. Yoda had some moments in Empire but was cut short in Jedi.

Most films begin with events already in place and the audience can accept it. In ANH events are explained sufficiently enough that the audience can accept that the Empire is in control and the Rebellion is fighting for it's life to free the galaxy, so you didn't need to see it take place on screen. Sometimes you don't need to see every aspect of a storyline to satisfy your viewing.

I will admit I did enjoy alot of the political dialogue in TPM that many people complained about. It was interesting just watching Palpatine manipulate the Senate and Amidala. Sadly AOTC left alot of that on the cutting room floor from what I've read and heard.

Another reason is I think Lucas is too much in love with Digital and CGI technology. I think that may hurt the actors/actresses more than he realizes. Plus I don't know why Ben Burtt should be editing those films cause he doen't have the knack for it as far as I'm concerned.

I enjoy standing in the long lines to see the films cause now I'm doing it with my kids and it takes me back to when I was younger. It's like I'm re-living a little of my childhood and I think a majority of us older folk don't mind doing that from time to time. So in 2005 I'll be in line to see Episode III.

:(

Why Morn wastes his birthday here instead of spending it with a case of whiskey and and a roomful of whores like a normal human being, I don't know.

NOW you're speaking my language. Booze and whores. Doesn't get any better than that.

Unless there's a good football game on at the time. Maybe some nachos.

Such things are for people with nothing to do. :music: And who have no self respect. And who want to be someone else for a while. :fouetaa:

STAR WARS

STAR WARS

STAR WARS

STAR WARS

STAR WARS

STAR WARS

STAR WARS

STAR WARS

STAR WARS

Well, I suppose if I can get away with writing a senseless post about whiskey and whores (which Morn took seriously, bless his heart), Joe can play with his fonts.

Fade, Star Wars, fade... :music:

No, speak for yourself. When's the last time you posted anything worthwhile, Morn? Do you ever say anything for yourself? No, you simply react to others, by taking the opposite stance. That's not having anything to say. Hell, half the time you don't even support your views, and let it go with "Tchaikovsky is overrated. Try Prokofiev." Ooo, such cryptic intelligence. Let me touch you, great one! :music:

Figo, who doesn't give a shit about his post count, which is why he never starts self-congratulatory threads about hitting 50/100/150/200...

I don't give a shit either, I post to debate and have fun. And I didn't see a need to support my view on Tchaikovsky, it was just an opinion based on emotions.

Well, best stick with your emotions then, because I guess that's all you've got.

Figo, recollecting several posts wherein Morn proudly derides all emotional response -- in particular, where Roald is concerned.

I don't ever remember deriding emotional response. Infact, I remember saying the emotional response is great but can be even better with 'technical response'. I just have no problems with Tchaikovsky other than I just not getting a huge amount of pleasure from him.

I don't ever remember deriding emotional response.

Well, then, your memory is as short as your stature. In a post dated August 2, in the thread "The state of my life...," you derided Roald's emotional outpourings, in typically empathetic Morn fashion, as "bloody instinct based obsessions." A few posts later, you attempt to fashion yourself into even more of a superman by poo-pooing Ren's assertion that there is always "a reason," dismissing it as "cause and effect."

So, tell me, if you are such the scientist, why can't you give us as rational explanation as to why, for instance, you think Tchaikovsky is overrated?

Star Wars may be fading away, but this thread sure isn't. and to be honest, i'd much rather see this thread fade away. but i guess my posting this really wont help that. :(

What are you two moaning about? What's a little discord?

Okay, if you don't like it, I'll stop. I'll just let everyone else pick on Morn.

At least our union lasted long enough that we were able to have one lovely child in UCFKevin. :(

I've never been more in love with the starwars saga than I am in the present moment.

Your to be pitied then.

If you honestly think that TPM and AOTC are as good as the original, then you are insane.

If you honestly think that TPM and AOTC are better than the originals, then you are deranged to the point that I hope you are securely locked up in the deepest darkest mental ward, with state of the art security.

Joe, wondering if Merkel is a sociopath on the order of Hannibal Lecter.

A few posts later, you attempt to fashion yourself into even more of a superman by poo-pooing Ren's assertion that there is always "a reason," dismissing it as "cause and effect."  

i hear ya Figo. :roll:

I don't ever remember deriding emotional response.
Well' date=' then, your memory is as short as your stature. In a post dated August 2, in the thread "The state of my life...," you derided Roald's emotional outpourings, in typically empathetic Morn fashion, as "bloody instinct based obsessions." A few posts later, you attempt to fashion yourself into even more of a superman by poo-pooing Ren's assertion that there is always "a reason," dismissing it as "cause and effect."[/quote']

What? That's in a totally different context.

So, tell me, if you are such the scientist, why can't you give us as rational explanation as to why, for instance, you think Tchaikovsky is overrated?

Do I have to? Music is subjective.

I've never been more in love with the starwars saga than I am in the present moment.

Your to be pitied then.

If you honestly think that TPM and AOTC are as good as the original, then you are insane.

If you honestly think that TPM and AOTC are better than the originals, then you are deranged to the point that I hope you are securely locked up in the deepest darkest mental ward, with state of the art security.

Oh, please! YOU are to be pitied, ol' man.

*yawn*

:roll:

I could give a shite if anyone else likes the prequels. Or any of Star Wars for that matter. I love TPM and AOTC and that's all that matters. Some might say Pearl Jam is fading, as their last several albums have not sold as well as the landmark record setting albums of the early to mid 90s. Oh the hell well. I still love their music, old and new. I still see them in concert and they are still amazing. Star Wars is no different.

And Joe. I'd rather be insane in your eyes than stuck in the past.... :):jump:

-Strilo, who will keep things light hearted with Joe.

:sleepy: "Cry" by Def Leppard

I disagree Figo, it's only morally wrong to not make the original versions as accessible as the special editions.  :sigh:

I bought the Lazerdisk of the original SW as a souvenir...do they still build machines to play them on?

K.M.

I disagree Figo, it's only morally wrong to not make the original versions as accessible as the special editions.  :sigh:

I bought the Lazerdisk of the original SW as a souvenir...do they still build machines to play them on?

K.M.

No, but I'm sure you can find used Laser Disc players on ebay.

Neil

I'm fan of the entire starwars saga, not just 2 movies.

If this sounds ridiculous to anyone, I can only regret you can't take the same pleasure I do from the movies. I'm sure you all have your reasons.

Star Wars' date=' nothing but Star Wars, nothing but Star Wars, STAAAARRR WARRRS[/color']