The OFFICIAL Oscar reaction thread

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to be up at 8 tomorrow too... :mrgreen:

I'm home early, though, so I could try and get some sleep in the afternoon.

Hmm... I guess it all depends on how well I sleep tonight. I don't think I'll stay up until the moment it starts (which'll be at about 2 a.m. or something).

Yeah, I used to watch it on Pro7, as well (that's right, no voiceover). Now I don't have it anymore, but a friend of mine -- who couldn't care less about the Oscars -- is taping it for me.

ROTFLMAO

Hell, I'm gonna watch it live -- the whole thing is being broadcast in a movie theater near me (Metrokino). This time JW's gonna win an Oscar, so I'm not gonna miss it! LOL

ohhh,there playing Memoirs of A Geisha over the End Credits of the Billy Bush Red Carpet Special.

George clooney won best supporting.Maybe it won't be a gay sweep after all.There's even a musical score for the acceptance speeches.

K.M.

EXCELLENCE IN VISUAL EFFECTS - King Kong

BEST ANIMATED FEATURE - Wallace and Gromit: the Curse of the WereRabbit

Dolly Parton is up singing now

btw who is conducting the orchestra?

BEST LIVE ACTION SHORT - Six Shooter

BEST ANIMATED SHORT - The Moon and the Son: An Imagined Conversation

BEST COSTUME DESIGN - Memoirs of a Geisha

Apart from Clooney's win, this has been a dull ceremony. Jon Stewart has been a great host so far though.

Also, it is sad to say, that with Sith's loss in best make-up, no Star Wars film will ever be eligible to be nominated or win an Oscar ever again. The fact that JW did not get a single nomination for his three brilliant prequel scores is just sad.

Here's to hoping that JW takes it home. It looks like he may have a chance since Brokeback is 0-2.