WIlliams will never win another Oscar

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my final explanation.They didn't want Williams to win.The Academy broke their own rules to let Brokeback in the nominees,then they nominated Williams twice for good measure to make sure he loses(Munich didn't deserve to be nominated as the score is heard in the film)

K.M.

Well POA was the ONLY nominated score LAST year and people really thought that was Williams best chance of winning an Academy Award in years and one score didn't improve his chances.

The Academy thinks if a score is written by a guy with an unpronouncable name that it MUST be good...

Finding Neverland is bland and the composer(I can't remember how to spell his name) who scored the film has written some of the blandest film music I've heard.

I agree with K.M.

It's a conspiracy!

No, seriously, it is.

It really is, but i don't think its against John Williams per se, but agains Spielberg and anyone associated with him.

I just wish the guy health and happiness. The rest are small scale stuff

Well few more close winnings like this and he may drop dead. Havent you felt a powerful adrenaline discharge? Im sure Williams felt it when the name was about to say. And his heart thumped hard for sure at that moment. Im sure he had some expectations of winning.

But well, knock wood :|

Like most, I was appalled that the 13 minute score of BM (pun intended) was the victor.

So, it's time for John Williams to do some inner searching and serious meditation and unlearn what he as learned in order to take the next step to win another Oscar.

Here are some options that he should seriously consider:

1. Change his name to Johan Villiamsky.

2. Get a wacky, unintelligble accent.

3. Take a minimalist approach to his scores. None of this lush orchestral crap he keeps spewing out.

4. Realize that the only way to be seriously considered by the academy is to score artsy fartsy, politically daring movies. Indy be damned.

5. Learn the guitar, like his namesake.

ROTFLMAO

If I were Williams, I would write the next score with Horner's danger motif in full force. It would be the main theme, the love theme, the "To the...." cue, everything.

I would do it, just to see the reaction, for the fun.

I think the academy enjoys rewarding people who haven't won before, which is pretty dumb when it comes to movie scores. Although 謝謝 Academy for letting Ang Lee win, even though I still think Crouching Tiger was better than Gladiator.

He needs to write a better score. Sorry, but much as I liked Geisha it was a long way from his best work. A LONG way. That's not to say Brokeback score was better, but Williams is capable of better IMO. He should have won for Philosopher's Stone, but that's a different story.

The only way he can win is if someone makes a cultural phenomenon on the level of Star Wars, Jaws or LOTR, and he scores it. And it would help if it had a simplistic, major key theme.

I'd say Battle Angel, The Uniter/Lincoln Project and Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Lost Crusade are his last chances.

But, seriously, he needs to change his name to Johan Villaimsky. He's changed his name before to suit the times...

He needs to write a better score. Sorry, but much as I liked Geisha it was a long way from his best work. A LONG way. That's not to say Brokeback score was better, but Williams is capable of better IMO. He should have won for Philosopher's Stone, but that's a different story.

What the heck do you mean -- "he needs to write a better score"? I think it was one of John Williams' best, most original efforts of the past few years! I don't think it's possible to have written a better score . . . especially considering that the movie itself was only mediocre (not to insult Ziyi Zhang). I love this score.

It was a fine score, but not an Oscar Winner in my opinion (still shouldn't have been beaten by that BM BS).......Munich however - that's a different story.......

I'm not sure... it might. I just have an inkling that it will.

But then again I had an inkling that Munich would win a ton of Oscars this year. LOL

JW will win again...

But, in the end, it doesn't matter - his legacy in Hollywood is secure, and I'm happy as long as he keeps composing. I just love some of the stuff that he's composed in the past 5 years!

The only way he can win is if someone makes a cultural phenomenon on the level of Star Wars, Jaws or LOTR, and he scores it. And it would help if it had a simplistic, major key theme.

Could you say it better? It's all here...

Geisha is much better than PS, IMO, and way better than BM.

Nevertheless, even if it wasnt his best effort, it's not like 'lets not give the award to john since he can do better'. It was still the best of the lot (and year), that is what it counts.

And since he has been robbed so many times for best effort scores, it wouldnt be a crime.

War of the Worlds was the best score from last year. Had that been nominated, it would have won. If not, the Martians would have vaporized all of Johnny's competitors in a single flash:

And the Oscar goes to...Gustavo Santa POOF

Okay, I meant to say the award goes to John Williams! Yeayyyyy