Do they desecrate your CDs?

In my country, due to its widespread piracy, the government gives original CDs a holographic sticker (about 1cm square). These are nasty stickers and IMO spoil the covers. Sometimes you get lucky and its stuck on the shrink wrapper but usually its on the booklet itself :thumbup: The early ones (say, about 10 years ago) werent much problem and could be removed slowly (as not to damage the cover) but the later ones are horrible and leave a silver residue which cant be scratched off without taking off hte paper. Just wondering, do they do this in other countries too?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what makes it worse is they sometimes stick it at the stupidest of places. for example, on my Rosewood disc, the sticker is stuck not on any part of the plain black but on the wooden Rosewood sign! aarggh..

Haven't seen any CD's here with such a sticker.

DVD's do have them sometimes to, as did VHS tapes.

We generally have no such nasty things here, though the FOTR box released here did have an FBI anti-piracy label on it.

Odd, considering the FBI has no authority in this country.

Oh, yeah, that's where I saw it.

Fox DVDs have horrible "not for rental" tags on discs, and DVDs that are also released in the UK often have both the Irish and the British rating printed on the disc. The Indy dvds have no less than four rating indications - UK, Ireland, Germany, Netherlands/Belgium - although ToD has only two (the UK release is censored - the Dutch set includes the uncut version of the film).

No stickers on my c.d.'s Although the canadian release of Terminal,I think it was, had a card inserted asking us polilely to think of the artists before copying it.

K.

m.

They do it here in Mexico too, an ugly holographic sticker that reads "legitimo", they only do it on CDs produced here, not imports, so most of my JW collection doesn't have the sticker, all my Beatles CDs do have the sticker, and it's really annoying having the sticker on the cover of Revolver and Sgt. Pepper for example.

They do it here in Mexico too, an ugly holographic sticker that reads "legitimo", they only do it on CDs produced here, not imports, so most of my JW collection doesn't have the sticker, all my Beatles CDs do have the sticker, and it's really annoying having the sticker on the cover of Revolver and Sgt. Pepper for example.

At least you are half lucky. We get it on just about every CD. :( Ours reads 'Tulen' (thats Malay for original) and the newer stickers have a really kiddie scrawl reading 'Ori'. :S

You can see it here on the ROTJ disc. :( The other discs had the holographic stickers on their shrink wrappers except for ROTS, which I won (before its release here), which comes with a black Sony BMG sticker on the insert of the sleeve saying 'Not for Resale'

P1010005.jpg

Use a hair-dryer over the sticker for a minute and once it's hot it should be able to peel off easy. Sounds strange but it works.

Thanks for the tip (hopefully you are talking about the holographic stickers). Will try it out first on my CoS album as its sticker is on the jewel case.

EDIT: OMG!! IT WORKS!!!!! ROTFLMAO:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Thank you SOOOO MUCH!!!. My star wars set...is clean. 8O

Here in the US we have these big ass nasty FBI Anti-Piracy stickers on most of our DVD's. The ROTS CD for the case there's an FBI Anti-Piracy thing on the back and same for the current Sony 04' Original Trilogy score sets. Quite distracting if you ask me. I don't remember if the ROTS disc itself has the FBI Anti-Piracy thing on it or not, I'd have to look when I get home from my trip this Sunday.