Johnston Returns For JP4?

Damo

The status of Steven Spielberg’s upcoming slate of movies keeps getting more confusing. A few days ago Spielberg partner Frank Marshall told us that Jurassic Park 4 was kind of on the back burner. A few days ago Steven Spielberg announced that he’s taking a year off to drink cocktails and sit on a beach. Now Frank Marshall is reversing himself and says that though producer Spielberg is napping, Jurassic Park 4 is moving ahead at full speed. In fact, they may already have a director. By contrast, Indiana Jones 4 is still going nowhere fast.

Marshall recently told MTV “Jurassic Park 4 is coming to life.” They’ve already got a script and they’re in the process of hiring a director. “Joe Johnston could be back,” he says. Johnston directed Jurassic Park 3, which was really a lot better than people give it credit for. If they’re on the verge of hiring a director, that sounds like JP4 could start production soon right? But here comes Marshall with more mixed messages. “We want to get the script right before we go forward,” Marshall says, contradicting his earlier claim that they already had a script.

Where does that leave Indy 4? Firmly entrenched in that same land of muddy, mixed messages. Marshall says they’re still working on getting the script right. They’ve been working on getting the script right for about a decade now. Face it, at this rate Indy 4 is about as likely to happen as Chronicles of Riddick 2.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new.php?id=2346

Great...now according to this it seems that steven speilberg may not going to direct JP4. So it doesnt sound like John Williams might not be back for the Jurassic park movies.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great...now according to this it seems that steven speilberg may not going to direct JP4. So it doesnt sound like John Williams might not be back for the Jurassic park movies.

What ever made you assume Spielberg was going to direct the film? Nothing official ever led to that.

And to the contrary, here's proof that he won't be back as director:

http://spielbergfilms.com/jp4/18

Doh.

I like JP3 for what it was worth so I wouldn't be disappointed if Johnston returned.

~ richuk, who remembers a time when IMDb had a plot and director listed for JP4 - and wishes Spielberg would get organized.

What ever made you assume Spielberg was going to direct the film? Nothing official ever led to that.

And to the contrary, here's proof that he won't be back as director:http://spielbergfilms.com/jp4/18

Because there were rumors on the net saying spielberg is going to direct it. But I wasn't sure if he was going to come back and direct it or not anyway.

Hopefully John Williams might decided to do another Jurrasic Park score. Didn't someone here on JWFAN forum who mention before that John Williams was going to Jurassic Park 3 but he couldn't because he was busy doing other films or something like that?

Yeah, I've always assumed that he was busy (and quite rightly) with A.I. and Potter. I would hope he would come back to do one more (and it had better be only one more)

I like JP3 for what it was worth too. Unfortunately it wasn't worth a shit.

I think it's worth a little more respect than that. Not a great movie by any stretch of imagination but it's one of the first DVDs I got and a fun way to pass 90 mins IMO :P

Oh, Im going to get the three jurassic park on DVD's soon. Those movies are quite entertaining and fun to watch. It been a long time when I last watched the three jurassic park movies.

When I first saw Jurassic Park 3 it almost scare me at the start of movie when that T-Rex was changing someone . I actually find Jurassic Park 3 more scarier then the first two.

It would be so nice if:

1. Spielberg returned.

2. Spielberg hired Williams.

3. The movie was actually made.

In that order, just like that. Unfortunately, none of these three is looking terribly likely at the moment. :P

It would be so nice if:

1. Spielberg returned.

2. Spielberg hired Williams.

3. The movie was actually made.

In that order, just like that.  Unfortunately, none of these three is looking terribly likely at the moment.  :P

#3 is actually very likely at the moment, actually. The film may start shooting this fall for a potential 2008 release date.

#1 is not going to happen, according to Amblin, and I'd be surprised as heck is #2 were to happen. But the film is on its way to becoming a reality now!

Speilburg is definately producing it. We know that.

As far as Johnston, Steven is no idiot. He knows not to use Johnston and to make sure the script is written BEFORE filming starts!

So, I don't think this rhumor has any merit. It was just some stupid kid trying to ge ttheir name out there with a rhumor like some people I know who made a fake script and artwork showing a dilo in place of the rex/spino.

It's not true.

I'm not sure who you're referring to as a stupid kid trying to get his name out there, but Johnston is in serious consideration for directing the picture, as per producer Frank Marshall himself. Marshall's worked with Steven Spielberg since the late 1970s, so I'd give him more credibility than you and your debunking of "rhumors."

And no one ever said Spielberg's not coming back as producer. He's not coming back as director.

And I'll add this, Joe Johnston is a pretty good director especially with action films. I thought the action in JP III was handled well and was entertaining.

Doh.

I like JP3 for what it was worth so I wouldn't be disappointed if Johnston returned.

~ richuk, who remembers a time when IMDb had a plot and director listed for JP4 - and wishes Spielberg would get organized.

uhm richuk, perhaps it you who need to get organized. First thing first quit thinking that IMDB is even remotely accurate about future events, hell they can't even get past events right. 2nd, quit thing IMDB is right. 3rd, see 1 & 2.

Well... there goes my interest in JP4. 3 was atrocious (minus one Davis cue that I loved), and without Spielberg/Williams... fergetaboudit.

To Hollywood : STOP trying again and again all those attemps to cash in with yet-another sequel.

You want people back in those cinema seats? INNOVATE!