The "Star Wars" TV Series Thread.....

Greg1138

Thought I might as well start one :P

For anyone that may be interested in this show (I certainly am), news is starting to come together.

Read a couple of tidbits from Rick McCallum courtesy of Dark Horizons, or read a summing up of an interview that George Lucas gave the BBC.

Greg :)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Requirements for it to be good:

1) Vader.

2) Boba Fett.

3) IG-88.

4) Bossk.

5) 4-LOM.

6) Zuckuss.

7) Star Destroyers.

8) TIE Fighters.

9) Slave I.

10) Ships, not excuses.

11) Han Solo.

12) Yoda.

13) Obi-Wan Ken-ameos.

14) Big explosions.

15) Jar-Jar getting captured by a bounty hunter or Vader and tortured to death.

LOL

Apparently (according to Lucas), Jar Jar was an Alderaan when it was destroyed. :)

Requirements for it to be good:

1) Vader.

2) Boba Fett.

3) IG-88.

4) Bossk.

5) 4-LOM.

6) Zuckuss.

7) Star Destroyers.

8) TIE Fighters.

9) Slave I.

10) Ships, not excuses.

11) Han Solo.

12) Yoda.

13) Obi-Wan Ken-ameos.

14) Big explosions.

And light sabers. I want light sabers. :)

Lightsabers? And Who should wield them? The two last remaining Jedi in their hiding places? Vader and Palpatine dueling in their leasure time for fun? Or what?

Chris, at the end of ROTS, Obi-Wan and Yoda are NOT the last two Jedi. There are many more, hiding, on the run. During the period between ROTS and ANH these will be hunted down and destroyed.

...Oh gosh, this sounds so nerdy...

LOL

Apparently (according to Lucas), Jar Jar was an Alderaan when it was destroyed. :sigh:

One more reason why Star Wars is so good. ;)

Justin

Chris, at the end of ROTS, Obi-Wan and Yoda are NOT the last two Jedi. There are many more, hiding, on the run. During the period between ROTS and ANH these will be hunted down and destroyed.

Is this official? Is that info found in the novelisation 'cause the movie could imply both ways... Or the comics or whatever...

Most of the people, watching only the movie, thought that Yoda and Obi-Wan were the only ones left.

LOL

Apparently (according to Lucas), Jar Jar was an Alderaan when it was destroyed. :sigh:

"I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if a stupid voice suddenly cried out HOW WUDE and was suddenly silenced. I fear something wonderful has happened."

As a HUGE Star Wars fan, I have to say that for some reason the idea of a TV show doesn't appeal to me at all. Am the only one who thinks a TV show is a lame idea??

LOL

"I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if a stupid voice suddenly cried out HOW WUDE and was suddenly silenced. I fear something wonderful has happened."

I think I'm the only who likes Jar Jar.

Great series. I actually wrote the guide for it in an International Animation Festival in my hometown (CINANIMA), where it was shown in its entirity on a digital projection. It looks great on the big screen.

What did you all think of the Clone Wars  ( the cartoon on cartoon network ).

It was pretty good, a bit over the top and I didn't like the Anakin-Natives storyline from the last season, but other than that it was a good show and in some partsI think it felt more like Star Wars than Ep. I and II

As a HUGE Star Wars fan, I have to say that for some reason the idea of a TV show doesn't appeal to me at all. Am the only one who thinks a TV show is a lame idea??

Nope.

I'm still excited about this idea, as long as it's executed well. Generally I'm a much bigger fan of serialized "genre" TV (Farscape, the Joss Whedon shows, DS9, BSG) than of movies, and if SW can be converted sucessfully into that format it would be a dream come true.

Nope.

George Lucas with a Star Wars TV show is a lot like a mule with a spinning wheel.

No one knows how he got it and danged if he knows how to use it!

...and it's lame.

Justin

Another requirement:

Leave something to the imagination - don't show every "ship" landing.

Bashing aside, I am actually looking forward to this, for some reason.

Another requirement:

Leave something to the imagination - don't show every "ship" landing.

I happen to like ship landings, myself. So if your requirement becomes reality, I'm gonna put the Force down on you, biatch.

I'm excited about the idea myself. It's time for us to see what some other people can do with the Star Wars license. I mean, can't be much worse than the Holiday Special.

LOL

Apparently (according to Lucas), Jar Jar was an Alderaan when it was destroyed. :wave:

One more reason why Star Wars is so good. ;)

Justin

Unfortunately it (Jar Jar) had to be bad in the first place. ;)

LOL

Apparently (according to Lucas), Jar Jar was an Alderaan when it was destroyed. :P

I suspect the new generation of SW fans (those who watch the prequels in their preteens) will like Jar Jar, very much the way I dont really mind the Ewoks (I actually liked them when I was a kiddo)

Real people

Nah, probably only half of them will be real.

I don't het Jar-Jar anywhere near as much as many people seem to...he got a little (but only a little) annoying in Episode 1, but actually he is an extremely important and pivotal character, and Ahmed Best's characterisation is spot-on....

Lightsabers? And Who should wield them? The two last remaining Jedi in their hiding places? Vader and Palpatine dueling in their leasure time for fun? Or what?
I know. But I can still want them.

I don't het Jar-Jar anywhere near as much as many people seem to...he got a little (but only a little) annoying in Episode 1, but actually he is an extremely important and pivotal character, and Ahmed Best's characterisation is spot-on....

Exqueeze me?

No, it's lame.

I hate Jar-Jar and I hated the Ewoks back in 1983.

LOL

Apparently (according to Lucas), Jar Jar was an Alderaan when it was destroyed. :|

I suspect the new generation of SW fans (those who watch the prequels in their preteens) will like Jar Jar, very much the way I dont really mind the Ewoks (I actually liked them when I was a kiddo)

I'm a member of that new generation of SW fans, and i might be the only kid my age, but i absolutely hate Jar Jar, and to me, (who as a huge dinosaur and jurassic park fan as a little kid) he is almost as bad as barney, and like barney i've probably found a million ways for him to die.

Edit: hmm, looks like i messed up with the quotes

Edit 2: at least i got that first quote fixed

No, it's lame.

What kind of Star Wars fan are you then?

LOL

Apparently (according to Lucas), Jar Jar was an Alderaan when it was destroyed. :|

so that means he's still alive for this future crap fest

one of the more discerning one, one who recognizes Star Wars, as a great film, but as a series, a very poor one, once you get past ESB.

Given the budget, maybe they can't even afford to throw Jar Jar in there.

. . . does this thread include the upcomming animated series as well? I was under the impression we'd be seeing that much sooner than the live-action one.

yea. I have one of three books written--that I know of--detailing the last years of the Jedi that survived the attack by the clones. Mostly they were the ones who did not agree with the fighting and were off doing other things if memory serves. I didn't read it yet.

I have heard that perhaps Yaddle will showcase in it.

No, it's lame.

What Joe said.

I prefer quality over crap.

• 3 months later...
Wasn't the working title of AotC Jar Jar's Great Adventure?

No, that was a joke constructed to tick people off.

. . . does this thread include the upcomming animated series as well?  I was under the impression we'd be seeing that much sooner than the live-action one.

Now I feel like a poor Star Wars fan but what animarted series?

I hope the TV show is called "Star Wars:  The Adventures of Jar-Jar" just for you guys.

that wouldn't bother me, since I expect it to be bad, until I am proven wrong.

. . . does this thread include the upcomming animated series as well?  I was under the impression we'd be seeing that much sooner than the live-action one.

Now I feel like a poor Star Wars fan but what animarted series?

There are two Star Wars TV shows in the works. The first is an animated series. Not like Clone Wars. This will be computer generated (think Beast Wars . . . although I pray it looks better). It will take place between Episodes 2 and 3 and will tell some of the stories during the Clone Wars. According to Lucas, this is supposed to debut late next year. He's already opened up a facility and hired a bunch of artists (although I don't remember where).

The second will be the live-action show, and will take a little bit longer to get here. Lucas has given out a bunch of info on this and unfortunately, has also contradicted himself many times, so I'm not going to even attempt to try and list any details.

theforce.net has all the facts though, to those interested.

it's a pitty Aayla didn't survive. I'd like to have seen more of her.... :?

Here's a question: Who would you like to see score the project. (besides Williams himself).