The "Star Wars" TV Series Thread.....

Greg1138

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
Production has begun on Star Wars Rebels, an all-new animated series set between the events of Episode III and IV, and executive produced by Simon Kinberg (Sherlock Holmes), Dave Filoni (The Clone Wars) and Greg Weisman (Young Justice).

http://starwars.com/news/new-animated-series-star-wars-rebels-coming-fall-2014.html

shame they did have to cancel the clone wars.

Selling Lucasfilm two or three years later and they could have ended correctly :(

Well, since disney is no selling SW, Rebels with finish when it needs...

Honestly, what else did anyone want from Clone Wars?

It had become very uneven the last few seasons (how long did that droids stranded arc last?) but picked up some steam and ended on a good note that provides a satisfactory ending while still leaving some stuff that can be explored down the road. I really can't imagine what else the show could have done.

That clip whets my appetite for this show more than this morning. Seeing Ralph McQuarrie paintings come to life via animation should be a treat. I honestly don't care if they even steamroll over a lot of details from The Force Unleashed, which was set in the same time.

• 1 year later...

I was actually looking forward to the live action TV show more than the Abrams film. Mainly because it would be a different medium and that it couldn't possibly have been just another shitload of special effects standing in for story and character (maybe that's why Lucas had such a hard time trying to figure out how to make it work!). At one point Ronald D. Moore was attached to the project, which is probably where my interest peaked.

• 9 months later...