It´s a very difficult choice!?

Jarbas

Which hero movie more deserves new original music by Williams?  

61 members have voted

1. 1.

• Superman Returns
    • Indiana Jones IV

If you could make a decision between Superman Returns and Indiana Jones IV... only one of them with an original score composed and conducted by John Williams... Is it very difficult, isn´t? So get only one... no mercy, hehehehehe... :wave:

My painful choice: Indy IV!!!!!

PS.: I know John Ottman is in Superman Returns, but forget that now...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indy, definitely. There's far more variation (in style, not quality) in those scores, and I'd love to hear another new direction. Can't see that happening as much for Supes though.

I think the choice was difficult just for me... :roll:

Maybe because I think Superman - The Movie has one of the best Williams scores... but I love Indiana Jones scores and I think a new material is easier to be developed in Indy IV than Superman Returns.

Indy of course. Regardless of how good or bad it will be, I still expect the movie to be better than the original Superman (which is the only Superman movie I've seen). And as far as full scores go, all the Indys beat that score as well.

Marian - :wave:

Indy. But if Williams wants to fill his currently film-empty 2006 calendar with a little work on the "Donner Cut" of Supes 2, I won't complain. Just the opposite.

You can have "Superman" without Williams, but you can't have "Indy" without Williams - it's not a difficult choice at all...

LOL, from the vote count it doesn't look like a difficult choice at all and I agree I like both Indy and Indy music better than Superman.

I guess Indy has a hidden kryptonite stone in his pocket removed from The Temple of Kryptoom... Superman was defeated!!!! LOL

Superman, no doubt, after the failure of Least Crusade, I'd rather John do Superman again

Indiana Jones and the Sword of Orion (official confirmed title).

yes, once again, CONFIRMED BY WHO.

its not listed on Spielbergfilms.com, and as far as I'm concerned, if it isn't there, it isn't confirmed.

hey JC, JC wont you fight for me Sanna ho Sanna hey Superstar

Indiana Jones IV.

I think it would be interesting to hear John Williams modern style of music these days for upcoming Indiana Jones IV. I have a feeling when Indiana Jones IV does get made I think John Williams score is going to much better then the actual film screenplay itself.

It´s a very difficult choice!?

I think the poll results disagree with you. :joy:

Tim

Yes, yes... I´ve realized that! Few people like me and TommyJohnson think it´s a hard decision... :roll:

My mistake! :)

I personally don't think it matters. Indy is historically more crucial to have a Williams score, of course, but I'd rather have both. I voted for Supes, purely because I know Williams can vary the Indy score to suit the film.

I wonder whether he can do a second Superman film (that as far as I'm concerned would have to be retitled "Supercomposer Returns"), and what it would sound like. It's a creative mistake to so easily dismiss the classic love theme from the film. The music helps make the film classic. I think Shearmur would have been a superior choice in this case.

I doubt thats the title, never in any of the indy adventures has an artifact of interest been really the subject of the title. It just gives away too much. Like Raiders of the Lost Ark, the subject of that is the Raiders, and the needed artifact is the Ark of Covenant, but back in 1981 how were people supposed to no that. Temple of Doom, it was easily assumed that Indy would go to some scary temple, but why?, nobody could tell. The Last Crusade is even more ambiguous for those not knowing about that specific journey or King Author. Indiana Jones and The Sword of Orion, hmm wonder what he's looking for...

Like Raiders of the Lost Ark, the subject of that is the Raiders, and the needed artifact is the Ark of Covenant, but back in 1981 how were people supposed to no that.

sorry Marty, but the subject is the Ark, and Raiders is a verb in usage.

Back in 1981, people thought Raiders of the Lost Ark was one of those In Search of type films, pure cheese.

sorry Marty, but the subject is the Ark, and Raiders is a verb in usage.

"Raiders" is a noun (and the subject) in that sentence, as it defines a group of people, not an action. "Ark" is the object.

Tim

actually it can be both, but I see it as the action, and thats what it is.

Few people like me and TommyJohnson think it´s a hard decision...  :roll:

:sleepy:

It's really REALLY hard. LOL

Mirko - who watched Superman - The Movie once and each Indy movie at least 10 times.

Mirko - who watched Superman - The Movie once and each Indy movie at least 10 times.

Ok... it´s remember me the last Jim Carrey´s movie... but with a renamed title: Fun With Jarbas and Jarbas! ;)

pity, but you think LC is a great film!!!, Superman is so much better than Least C.

Neither. Williams is a far beyond grown-up man now, why should he dwell in adolescent immaturity forever?

Yes Joe, I think everyone noticed you "invented" that great pun...there's no need to repeat that forever, enough is enough.

actually I didn't invent it. But I've paid a heafty users fee, and I have to use it at least 3 times a week to make it pay off.