Your Own Piano Arrangements

Damo

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I suppose I shouldnt be asking that. Except that thats so expensive! :P (I can have two big steaks at an upmarket steakhouse for that and then some). On the other hand, that looks like a big book. Oh well, I'll just do without it. No way in hell I can afford that now. :|

I'm working on "Mynock Cave" from ESB.  It's so fun to play!!  I've got it done except for those EFFING low strings the first 10 or 15 seconds.  Can't hear em!!  Lemme know if anyone's interested.

I'm interested to hear it. :P

I have just completed working on what I call the "SUPERMAN 1978 Mega Mix for Piano".  This 18 minute midi file contains the following themes (in order):

1.  Superman March

2.  The Planet Krypton

3.  Kryptonite Theme

4.  Trip To Earth

5.  Clark Kent's Motif

6.  Racing The Train

7.  Smallville Theme

8.  March Of The Villains

9.  Love Theme

10.Superman End Credits

I posted the file at the Hamienet midi site at this link here:

http://www.hamienet.com/upload/26040--SUPE...gaMix-Piano.MID

Some of these themes have never been available in a midi file before, at least not to my knowledge.  I hope you have as much fun listening to it, as I did creating it.

The link at Hamienet was moved/broken, so I have posted it at my own site here:

http://www.adammillerweb.com/sheetmusic/Su...rmanMegaMix.mid

I made a short arrangement of "The Force Theme" based on the piano solo book's version. It was arranged for a simple string quartet or string orchestra.

I've been thinking of redoing this and arranging for full orchestra.

I've also made several arrangements of "For Always." I performed this in a talent contest at my school so I had to change the key so I could sing it. It was arranged for two violins, piano, and voice. (I got Second Place!...I lost by less than a point to a guy who sang 'I Believe I can Fly' accapela because he couldn't sing it to the music or in one key grrr)

I know this isn't John Williams, but I recently finished arranging a 10 minute long concert suite of "The Ludlows" from "Legends of the Fall." I arranged it for Paino, Viola, and Flute. I'm most proud of this.

I've been contemplating writing a full orchestra concert suite of Qui-Gon's Theme which I, personally, think deserves one.

• 4 months later...

Chris - Thanks for reposting the Klett arrangements - I had lost them on my computer and only had the original printouts. who did the return of the king arrangements. . . . . . .i forgot if you mentioned them

Your Return to Tatooine arrangement sounds really cool :angry:

Well, I haven't done that many JW arrangements... Star Wars MT, Approaching the Death Star... Anakin's Betrayal...  

PoA - Buckbeak's Flight (Violin/Piano)

As for non-Williams stuff, I've done some Troy (Yared) cues:

Achilles's Destiny

Approach Of The Greeks

Priam's Fugue

First part of Giacchino's "Incredits"

And the first 12 tracks of Shore's "Return of the King"... posted on some Official LotR thread 2 years ago or so... btw I'm still waiting for someone willing to prove that this bugger here: Shelob's Lair is playable by a human being ;) (Any volunteers?)

BTW, I'd like to promote the outstanding job a friend of mine has done by arranging for piano (advanced level!) virtually all of Harry Potter - SS/PS and CoS:

HPI   - arranged by Martin Klett

HPII   - arranged by Martin Klett

-Chris

------

edit: The HP links were wrong, they're working now.

P. S. I have played some Klett arrangements in my piano students recitals - they're great.

I'm currently working on a star wars suite, and it is being written at a pathetically slow rate because of my hetic school schedule. As soon as its finished I'll post it and an actual recording because i have no idea how to make a midi file.

Edit: Has anyone made any piano arrangements for Munich