Elfman's The Corpse Bride

Dean1700

The Corpse Bride has just been released in Australia as a 2 disc version and included in this is a Music Only track (isolated score). Prior to the DVD release was there a complete version of this score getting around and is there a music only track on other DVD regions?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the music-only track is all regions, and from memory the CD has got most of the good bits already, but I'll check it out when I get my DVD.

There is an Asian version (Koren or Japanese, I don't remember) with a very very nice booklet (and a nice lenticular slipcase).

Haven't had time to watch it yet, but sure looks nice.

There are some parts of the score not included on the CD too, for example the brief rendition of Tara's theme and some other good bits.

I ripped the music a while back.

It's pretty cool. I was able to re-mix things with the channels--because almost every channel has a different instrment track. Like the backs tend to have drums, the big brass, and the bass. The fronts are strings and piano and some of the solo instrments. The center being solo instruments.

And personally, I think Danny Elfman needs a new mixer because it's just... not that great. Too loud and hard to hear vocals on the album.

But anyways, it's just pure music and all of it. That's the only "release" I know of the complete score.

There are some parts of the score not included on the CD too, for example the brief rendition of Tara's theme and some other good bits.

That quote of Tara's theme is actually an alternate bit. The original version of the cue is on the album.

That quote of Tara's theme is actually an alternate bit. The original version of the cue is on the album.

I didn't know that, but anyway there is still some good unreleased stuff you can hear on the DVD

when u say azn version, do u mean pirated ;D?

Nope, perfectly legal-- there surely wouldn't be such a packaging for a bootleg.

You'll find it on YesAsia.

there is the DVD set with the lenticular cover too here.

In the US you can find that version only at the Wal*mart. Some sort of exclusive. Just like the Walk the line DVD / CD combo pack.

• 8 years later...