Upcoming Films

Quintus

How so?

because I lived through the 70's, I saw Jaws, Star War, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Superman.

I saw Fiddler on the Roof, Chinatown, the Exorcist, the Towering Inferno, Poseidon Adventure, Earthquake, Airport.

I saw Larry Bird, Earl Campbell, I met Alan Shepard, Neil Armstrong, got propositioned on top of the World Trade Center by a hooker, I visited 3 mile island shortly after Wolverine destroyed it.

Koray I was born in 1960. Fun times.

The down side is I did wear leisure suits, and I had a Justin Beiber haircut long before Justin.

I've been wondering today whatever happened to you? Long time no post.

Karol

I didn't have anything to say.

It's also really absurd. They try and cram mature integrity into everything nowadays, but to me it's just a monster smashes up a city movie. Nothing wrong with that, but I mean, it used to be a bloke in a suit. This trailer would have you believe it's something much more profound which I'm not sure whether to chuckle at or just cringe.

That teaser is really cool. I take it this has nothing to do with the Emmerich film and Godzilla is a again a representation of nuclear weapons and natural disaster. Actually I would love if it was actually terrifying, it should be a horror film.

And invasions with kaijus are the best possible silly invasion. I much prefer it to zombies. However the genre is sorely lacking on great films, which is disappointing.

Also, i'm no expert, but subtext were always a big part of the Godzilla films, or so i read.

That may well be the case, but I'm afraid I'll never get past the bloke in the suit part. It'd be like asking me to view The Power Rangers as an allegory for American foreign policy or some teenage awakening bollocks.

I loved the bloke in the suit effect. It was both fun and gloomy simultaneously. The ingenuity of it represents people's terrified reaction to the subtext marvelously.

It's othe aspects of Godzilla that made me dislike it. But as it ended, I thought a well done remake could be wonderful.

It'd be like asking me to view The Power Rangers as an allegory for American foreign policy or some teenage awakening bollocks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daigo_Fukury%C5%AB_Maru

It's the country of earthquakes, tsunamis, typhoons, and being nuked by USA. It's not that hard to get.

The music like in the trailer, you mean the Dark Knight sound effects?

No, the chorus behind them. But with more flair than that.

Actually, how about something like the darkest parts of Close Encounters or War of the Worlds.