Spanish Tintin Teaser features new footage and new bit of Williams score!

publicist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx6yBk6EhKI&feature=player_embedded

Someone at FSM posted this new trailer with barely audible music that could be by John Williams. Watch out for 00:56, when Spielberg has a cameo! :sigh:

It sounds not terribly distinguished at this point, though.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dammit, I am at work can't listen to it now...

I mean such a stunt doesn't belong in Tintin's universe!

It would be like Gandalf doing a backflip in LOTR: that would be cool, no doubt about that, but that would feel totally out of place!

I don't know the comic book, so I can't judge.

But it sure looks fantastic. Kinda like a modern version of Indy. In fact, didn't Indy do something like that in LC, when he rescued his dad from the castle?

I'm telling you there's something wrong .

They are AFRAID to put the Williams music in since the beginning and resort to generic trailer chords and the videogame music (which seems to make us think it's the main theme of the movie) . I think they don't especially like it .They have the recording sessions for a long time , there is NO reason to use the videogame music and those stupid MV chords

0.05-0.19 is Willliams, but nothing that screams masterpiece to me yet

0.00-0.05 :pukeface:

1.00-End :banghead:

whenever I hear that bit of 'music" in a trailer whatsoever I want to shoot myself

I'm telling you there's something wrong .

They are AFRAID to put the Williams music in since the beginning and resort to generic trailer chords and the videogame music . I think they don't especially like it

Or this is Williams, too. :john:

The whole project seems a bit off judging by the marketing efforts (or lack thereof) and the trailer looks not especially distinctive, either. But let's wait and see, i somehow cannot believe Spielberg produces two adventure clunkers in a row. I mean, George Lucas is noticeably absent, that's good news, everyone!

Well, I think those that have the sheet music said that's not Williams. and it doesn't sound like it

My heart kind of sank watching this. I told myself if they still use the game music in the final trailer we should start to worry. Because now it's clear they didn't want to use it.And if these are the best 15 seconds they could find at the beginning...

The thing is, the material is prime rump steak for Williams' mastery of frenetic romanticism and strong leitmotifs. Thirty years ago he would have devoured this and served up an adventure masterpiece and he would have made it seem effortless. But he is changed. He has a different perspective today than he did back then.

I'm expecting this to be serviceable, beautifully polished, but largely soulless. I'd fucking love him to prove me wrong.

Well look at the War Horse trailer. The JW music is featured preeminently with almost no sound effects to showcase it even more

To assume that the producers or Spielberg think the music is so terrible that they can't even put it in the trailer is laughable.

There has to be some other reason.

The movie itself looks brilliant btw. But that trailer shown far too much juicy excitement. Time for the trailer blackout from here on methinks.

Methinks the best scenes we haven't seen yet. No sir.

I mean such a stunt doesn't belong in Tintin's universe!

It would be like Gandalf doing a backflip in LOTR: that would be cool, no doubt about that, but that would feel totally out of place!

Let's hope for your sake the production did not go overboard with un-Tintinesque action. The slide along the cable with motorcycle handles is pretty inventive if somewhat larger than life which depending on your perspective is either a good thing or raping your favourite comic book character.

The thing is, the material is prime rump steak for Williams' mastery of frenetic romanticism and strong leitmotifs. Thirty years ago he would have devoured this and served up an adventure masterpiece and he would have made it seem effortless. But he is changed. He has a different perspective today than he did back then.

I'm expecting this to be serviceable, beautifully polished, but largely soulless. I'd fucking love him to prove me wrong.

That is the best possible attitude there Quint old bean.

Well look at the War Horse trailer. The JW music is featured preeminently with almost no sound effects to showcase it even more

And this is the continuation of the same attitude. Should we just open our wrists and bleed to death so we can't witness another lifeless JW failure.

Could you for once adopt a positive outlook on new John Williams music instead of the continual negative ramble that seems to come so easily to you. PLEASE!

Dunno, but did they put the music from TLW in the trailer? No. They used the music from Backdraft.

Did they put the music from A.I. in the trailer (before the movie was released)? No.

And both those scores turned out to be great.

Well, explain to me why they couldn't put 2 minutes of recorded JW music in that new trailer.

Well first off we do not know who is responsible for assembling these trailers, who chooses the music and what kind of deal they have with the music. Can they use it in the first place?

Secondly majority of trailers do not feature original score no matter how early the music would have been recorded.

Thirdly if I read the absence of JW's original music in trailers of Williams scored films as a sign of a bad score, there would be several JW duds in place of truly excellent scores we have now.

Gotta be honest, the first trailer we got didn't impress me that much.

But this one's really getting my hopes up (unlike some others here who feel differently).

And I am talking about the movie, of course.

So BloodBoal hates the handlebar swing thing? I'm an old Tintin vet myself and I thought it was great! Very cool, very inventive. And absolutely fine. I don't think Spielberg is going to anally probe my childhood with this.

So BloodBoal hates the handlebar swing thing? I'm an old Tintin vet myself and I thought it was great! Very cool, very inventive. And absolutely fine. I don't think Spielberg is going to anally probe my childhood with this.

I remember a time when Tintin used to jump out of a gigantic bridge to a river from a train out of control with Milou to save his life. So the slide is fine.

As long as it sounds NOTHING Mutt's Theme I'll be happy.

I can't imagine it sounding anything like "Mutt's Theme." "Mutt's Theme" is about something else: swashbuckling, fencing, etc.

I can imagine it sounding a bit like "A Whirl Through Academe" or "Scherzo for Motorcyle and Orchestra," though. And I'd be happy with that.

00.05-00:19 is definitely Williams.

Btw, what is the music from 0:20-end?

A Whirl Through Academe is Williams on autopilot.

I disagree. It's one of the best JW cues of the past decade.

Watching that whole chase scene, there are so many things going on visually and musically... it's one of my all-time favorite cues.

Question is if somebody told Williams. :sigh:

Sadly, Sony Music is not answering journalistic requests about album specifics, so i haven't received any details yet. Maybe some clueless intern sends out an advance copy? Wouldn't be the first time.

Question is if somebody told Williams. :sigh:

Sadly, Sony Music is not answering journalistic requests about album specifics, so i haven't received any details yet. Maybe some clueless intern sends out an advance copy? Wouldn't be the first time.

They should hire more clueless interns then.

Good job Alexander! Something seems to be happening every day now, new trailers and stuff. Hopefully we'll get to hear the main Tintin theme soon.

Kalli

Love it!

Can't tell a whole lot, though, from just 36 seconds.

These 36 seconds, though, might contain more notes than some entire scores by Hans Zimmer. :P

Hans Zimmer is great!

Well, i mean, John Sponsler, Tom Gire, Geoff Zanelli, Guillaume Roussel, etc are great.

Yeah i keep watching the trailer and the non-JW music is kinda good.

It's the same music they've been using since the first teaser! We discussed it before right here: http://www.jwfan.com...ndpost&p=721472

Here is the full piece again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm3PAabZLiE

Their official site is: http://www.audiomachine.com/