So. We made a movie. And it's getting a digital soundtrack release.

Wow. That looks (and sounds, musically) more like a real movie than some of the real movies I've seen recently. I'd really like to see—and hear!—it. Keep us posted!

Thanks, guys.

We're still putting the finishing touches on the tracklist right now and we're expecting to publish it later this week. Looks like the album run for about 15 minutes, which I think is a decent length for a soundtrack to a 19-minute film. :)

• 1 month later...

Well, we've had some delays with the distribution, but I can finally and happily announce our lovely little score will hit the download pages sometime this week. Huzzah!

To tide you over until there's a proper download link, here's an extended preview sample we posted on our Facebook page a while back. Enjoy!

65f97b8c9d16d0dd30af44ee379b4d00

" data-width="466">

Wow, this is cool, can't wait to hear more!

Last year I directed my first feature film, and I only just finished the score with my composer less than two weeks ago. Maybe I should look into getting a digital release somehow...
Anyway, looks very interesting, both film and score, looking forward to more!

Our soundtrack has been released. Hurray!

And just for you JWFanners, here's an English translation of our track list:

1. The Netherlands, 2039 A.D. (3:41)

2. Hope (1:28)

3. Do you know who I am? (2:11)

4. District 24, vol. 2 (0:34)

5. Checkmate (3:06)

6. Banished (2:17)

7. Dead (0:53)

8. Finale (1:29)

You can support us and Thomas by purchasing the album on iTunes or listen to it on Spotify.

Enjoy!

Whats wrong with your hair?

I don't know, man, it's always been like that.

Our soundtrack has been released. Hurray!

And just for you JWFanners, here's an English translation of our track list:

1. The Netherlands, 2039 A.D. (3:41)

2. Hope (1:28)

3. Do you know who I am? (2:11)

4. District 24, vol. 2 (0:34)

5. Checkmate (3:06)

6. Banished (2:17)

7. Dead (0:53)

8. Finale (1:29)

You can support us and Thomas by purchasing the album on iTunes or listen to it on Spotify.

Enjoy!

Coool, I can't wait to listen to it! (Y)(Y)(Y)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

€9,99 a month for the ad free version.

Well duh, there's obviously that option, but it's completely free otherwise, you just gets ads every once in a while.

That actually why I dont really use Spotify.

Playing this score on the desktop player now

Hey its nice! Very modern in sound, with very quite polished samples.

Atmospheric strings augmented by percussion, beats and piano A kind of mix between Hans Zimmer and David Arnold. (I assume the very blatant Sherlock rip-off in Dood was intended as an homage?)

Trying it on my phone and it wont let me play the tracks in the correct order. How can you get past "shuffle play"?

You must have accidentally clicked the "shuffle" button with your finger. Just click it again to turn it off.

Well, go on then. It's only fifteen minutes long.

Hey its nice! Very modern in sound, with very quite polished samples.

Atmospheric strings augmented by percussion, beats and piano A kind of mix between Hans Zimmer and David Arnold. (I assume the very blatant Sherlock rip-off in Dood was intended as an homage?)

Thanks. The Sherlock sounding bit could be seen as an homage. If an homage means us running out of time and Thomas doing his best to ape our temp track.

Temp track?

Tsk tsk tsk! You should know from your years here that temp tracks are evil!

;)

I was very hesitant to use a temp track, because I wanted to prevent us becoming attached to certain temp score that the composer would end up copying. We deliberately didn't have one during editing, apart from some library music our editor put over the first post-credit scene. It wasn't until the actual scoring process that we found a temp track became a necessary communications shortcut. We tried not to ape it too much, but the music you hear in Dead that resembles Sherlock was a case of all of us running out of time to come up with something more original. It serves its purpose in the film though, so I think it worked out well.

This stuff happens, I guess.

Well, go on then. It's only fifteen minutes long.

Haha, yeah, I still needed to time to do it.

I've listened to it now, though. I really enjoyed it. I especially liked the vocal parts.

• 2 months later...

If you're curious to see what this music goes with, your wait will soon be over!

On May 9th, the first part of District 24 will be available for viewing on Vimeo.

Volume 2 will be released on May 16th.