HELP! Gift Ideas!!!

BabieRose

Kay, so I admit I'm not a big John Williams fan. But I thought I could come here for help. My boyfriend's birthday is on the horizon and he likes this sort of stuff, but he seems to own everything possible! What can I get a huge composer fan who already has everything???!!!

Please, if you have any suggestions at all reply. I need something and FAST :!:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A nice gift certificate to a good music store takes away any guesswork...

But if that's too impersonal, and if he is musically literate, sheet music of Williams' work is also nice to have.

The Gift Certificate idea is a sure thing. I LOVE to get those. It may sound dull and boring, but, for a huge music fan (like myself :oops: ), they are gold. My wife and family get them for me on almost every "present/gift" occasion and they are greatly appreciated.

Jamesyboy - who has to figure out what to do for his upcomming 5th year wedding anniversary!!!!! :wow: :confused: :wow: :wow: :wow:

Gift certificates are a-okay by me. I have so many discs at this point, there isn't another person on God's green earth who could possibly keep track of everything I own. One of these days, I'll have to hire my own librarian...

Is your boyfriend interested in John Williams' concert music, or just his film scores? There have been a lot of new releases over the past year, so its entirely possible he may not have acquired all of them. The Trumpet Concerto is available only over the internet, from Denouement Records. If you feel you must buy him music, you could try that. Check out their website, at http://denouementrecords.com. Also included on the disc is a very sweet Harp Concerto by Kevin Kaska, which sounds like some of the more intimate music from "E.T." If he doesn't have it already, I think he would like it.

If he's a film music "purist," the "Minority Report" suggestion is a good one, unless he's the type of freak who likes to camp out in front of Tower Records at midnight on the day of release, in which case he already has it. :biglaugh:

Good luck, Babie!

Jamesyboy - who has to figure out what to do for his upcomming 5th year wedding anniversary!!!!! :wow:  :confused:  :wow:  :wow:  :wow:

How about a nice new CD rack and then you can ask to borrow it. :)

Justin - :)