The Secret Adventures of Jules Verne from Perseverance Records

davros72

Nick Glennie-Smith's

The Secret Adventures of Jules Verne

Available for Pre-Order Now

Perseverance Records PRD 040

Will ship the last week of April 2011.

Limited Edition of 1200 Units. The first 75 CDs are signed by the composer.

A 2 CD set for the price of 1 CD.

From long-time Hans Zimmer associate Nick Glennie-Smith (The Rock, The Man in the Iron Mask, We Were Soldiers) comes this double CD of themes from the Sci-Fi Channel series "The Secret Adventures of Jules Verne". Working closely with the composer and the creator of the show, Gavin Scott, we present close to 140 minutes of music from this great show in a 2 CD set, priced at a single CD cost.

Disc One

01 - Opening Titles 0:53

02 - In the Beginning 2:34

03 - Queen Victoria and the Giant Mole 13:25

04 - Bumper #1 0:09

05 - Rockets of the Dead 11:31

06 - The Cardinal's Design 2:04

07 - The Cardinal's Revenge 2:33

08 - The Eyes of Lazarus 2:00

09 - Bumper #2 0:11

10 - Lord of Air and Darkness 1:56

11 - Southern Comfort 19:05

12 - Let There Be Light 7:56

13 - The Ballad of Steely Joe 6:51

14 - Bumper #3 0:09

Disc Two

01 - Bumper #4 0:09

02 - The Black Glove of Melchizedek 9:02

03 - Dust to Dust 6:17

04 - The Golem 3:51

05 - Crusader in the Crypt 1:53

06 - The Strange Death of Professor Marechal 4:32

07 - The Rocket's Red Glare 5:53

08 - Rocket to the Moon 3:55

09 - Bumper #5 0:09

10 - The Inquisitor 5:25

11 - Royalty 12:38

12 - Secret of the Realm 6:00

13 - The Victorian Candidate 7:27

14 - End Credits 0:42

To order, click here:

http://store.fortytw...oundtracks.html

Thanks to Robin over at the FSM board, otherwise I would've never seen this.

Hooray! I loved loved loved this silly little cheesy show (not just because of the female lead played by Francesca Hunt... ;) )! The music was part of the fun of the show. Yeah, at times it's very MV, but I still enjoyed it. I still can't believe that this is being released after all these years! Much less that whatever company that owns the rights to (at least one part of) the show acknowledges its existence.

Also, a link to an interview with the album editor/liner notes writer Gergely Hubai, including some extended clips from the album:

http://www.hans-zimm...=detail&id=1018

Shame about the cover, though. Yikes. Hopefully they make up for that with lots of yummy pics of Francesca in the booklet... :wub:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The CD has been released, copies are arriving, including mine. (I got a signed copy, yay! Signed by both Nick Glennie-Smith and series creator Gavin Scott!)

The booklet is indeed very well done, sadly no pictures from the series other than what's on the (admittedly "OK but not great") cover, but that's explained in the booklet because so few good promo photos survive. It's a lot of illustrations from Jules Verne books. Nice little history on the show too, highlighting Nick's work on it.

Haven't been able to listen to the CDs themselves yet, being at work kinda precludes that currently. I see that two tracks ("Southern Comfort" and "The Black Glove of Melchizedek" are noted as "Taken from a mono source" which is sadly not explained in the booklet. Considering the time between the series' airing and now, and the fact that one episode's tracks are completely missing, and the production company behind this show barely seemed to care about it, I guess it's understandable. Sad, but understandable. I'm assuming it means the entire track is mono, but can't confirm this yet.