Anyone have Gangs of New York?

Morlock

Anyone have this yet?

I wasn't sure what they were doing about it, but just found Amazon has a page for, without a track listing or any recomendations. I was just wondering what it contained, by who, and particulaly what Howard Shore's 'Brooklyn Heights'

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just checked imdb, which credited Peter Gabriel, in addition to Shore and U2's individual pieces.

Does anyone else think this bad news? I hated Gabriel's score for Scorsese's the last Temptation of Christ.

Saw 'Gangs' last night. Although I can't tell ya exactly who composed what pieces, the "main theme" seemed to be the same exact piece of music played over and over throughout the film, without variation. I assume it was by Howard Shore as it reminded me heavily of one of the themes from LOTR. There also wasn't much other "score"; rather a large ammount of period and Irish songs. Typical civil war-era army drum beats were also frequently throughout the film. For many, I'm sure the music worked fine. For myself, at least, as someone LOOKING for the music, I was largely unsatisfied. I'm sure Shore's "Brooklynn Heights" is a good piece, but I couldn't really tell from seeing the film. :confused: