Jango & Zam: Your opinion, please?

AHerrera83

Hi:

As I always do when a Star Wars film comes out, I burned a CD compilation of themes from the whole saga (so far) to play in my car.

For AotC, I wanted to include "Zam the Assassin", but the track is waaay too long and repetitive, so I edited it down, leaving mostly the percussion sections (and yes, the guitar is still there, since I think it was a masterstroke of Williams to include it). I also mixed it with the beginning and end of "Jango's Escape", which are the only parts I like of that track.

This will give you an idea of what I'd like a concert arrangement of the piece to sound like. Since I've mixed both tracks, I called it "Jango & Zam". Total time: 5:44.

I like the result, but wanted your honest opinion about it (you can even call me names, if you don't like it). You can find a zipped MP3 here:

http://www.geocities.com/aherrera83/jangoandzam.html

NOTE: Please bear in mind that I've no idea how to create a web page, so I'm sorry for the look of the page and for having to zip the MP3 file (Geocities wouldn't let me upload it otherwise).

Looking forward to your comments,

Alejandro

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!!! really Nice edit!! The transition from the Jango peice to the Zam peice is flawless! The transition back from Zam to Jango is really good as well!

However, the edit at 2:47 is really obvious.......

in my opinion.

Its so good, though I might use it on a "Star Wars Action Mix" I've been considering burning....

-Jason

:mrgreen: "Jango and Zam" :)

I'm downloading it now, will listen to it, and then I'll get back to you, but I'm sure it's gonna be great.

Dan - always positive

:) "Caution / Flammable" from Panic Room (Shore)

Thanks a lot for all the feedback, guys! And I'm really glad some of you liked it enough to include in your own recordings.

Jason:

However, the edit at 2:47 is really obvious.......

I went back to listen to it and you're absolutely right (after a while of listening to it over and over, I just didn't notice). I might have to go back and try to smooth out that one.

Cheers!

Alejandro

I still think it's great. Good job!

Dan - appreciative of fellow fans' work

:mrgreen: "The Legend of the Pianist" from The Legend Of 1900 (Morricone)

Just bumping this back to page1 so more people can check out this really great mix of AOTC action music....

:music:

-Jason