Star Wars Rock!

Miz

This is the plot (and much of the score) of the original Star Wars transcribed to metal music by "Anchorhead Darthmetal". And it's actually suprisingly good. They've interpreted parts of the score brilliantly, and the growling metal lyrics push the story along.

Website

http://www.myspace.com/anchorheaddarthmetal

Full 14-minute mp3

http://beta.yousendit.com/transfer.php?act...E1ED5122DB49DD2

( ^ ^ Not a direct link: it's a yousendit link).

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Far too heavy for my tastes, but very accomplished and good all the same. Their Williams renditions are very professional sounding, the band clearly know their instruments. Its a shame I couldn't understand a word that was being said though, but I got the jist! Its amazing how Williams has inspired so many people, even metal heads! Who'd have thought it.

I'd love to hear what Williams himself thinks about this piece. The band should certainly send him a copy. I'm sure it was raise a smile on the old maestros tolerant face :|

Ah, fun, fun, fun! And strangely nostalgic, as it reminds me a lot of ventures of mine into similar territory when I was very young.

I wish they had gotten the force theme right, though...

That is amazing!

At the behest of a friend, I went to see Dream Theater at a Metal festival in Belgium last summer and that was my first introduction to the Metal Genre.

When I saw the technical skill and expertise of the players for DT, I always wondered what a classical piece or film score would sound like if translated into that format. I guess now I do.

Thanks for the link Miz! ;)

I am a metal head as well as a JW fan. Though I'm sure the drumming on this track is computerized, this is in fact great guitarwork.

Ironically, metal musicians (real metal, not this radio garbage you hear) are some of the best guitarists and drummers in the world. Don't be deceived by that whole anti-establishment B.S., these guys are often top-notched musicians, and humble people as well.