JMan

JWPepper.com has put out new arrangements by John Williams including

Hativkah, The Hope and

A Prayer for Peace from Munich

Also a Suite from Memoirs of A Geisha

Sayuri's Theme

Chairmen's Waltz

Going to School

Im not entirely sure if they are Signature Editions but I would imagine they sound nice with orchestra.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Geisha Suite is an arrangement. According to the JW Pepper site, there are two options for Hatikvah, one of which is an arrangement, and the other which says it is the authentic version performed in the movie. Prayer for Peace comes either as a band arrangement or a string orchestra version. It doesn't mention whether or not they are Signature Editions.

I ran a search on Hal Leonard, since it says on JWP that HL is the publisher, and oddly enough, there is not enough information on the HL site to confirm any of these publications.

Hello friend, exist a Concert Suite from "The Terminal"?

I don't yet know of one other than the Signature Edition score of "Viktor's Tale".

Just "Victor's Tale" that I know of too.

i hate the victor's tale arrangement. it sucks. jw just does the theme like 4 times in a row, each time with a bit more instruments and no variation. I would have much preferred the long final track on the CD instead, with the piano solo, and that pretty melody that reminds me of canada's national anthem.

• 2 weeks later...

New news

There is a new piece written for band called Chillers and Thrillers. It is a medium range piece which means its for mostly high school but maybe Junior high school. It involves some of the most suspensful Williams music written for film and includes,

Imperial March from Empire Strikes Back

Voldemort's Theme from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Theme from Jaws

Escape from the City from War of the Worlds

Theme from Dracula

Devil's Dance from Witches of Eastwick

It sounds like a fun band piece to do with kids, which by the way Im going into the field of middle school band...yay!