Keeping Large Printed Scores

JCM

Hi all,

I thought about posting this in the Trading Board, but I thought I might get a better response posting it here.

I just got into trading sheets of score cues, and (for example) have printed out the complete score to Jurassic Park on 11 x 17 paper. I want to keep it as best I can, but Staples, etc don't have binding machines that deal with paper that large. I was wondering if anyone on the board has had experience trying to neatly bind something that large (both size wise, and length - about 400 pages), and if so, what you used.

I've had a few thoughts, but I'd like to hear if anyone else has tried doing this!

Thanks!

-JCM

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bind it on the short side. So what do I have to have to "trade" for one of these copies anyway> What if someone really wants to get into it but has no rare sheet music.

Binding on the short side would work, but since you're reading it as if it were portrait, it's pretty hard to read if binded on the short side.

You can get a bunch of stuff on the web. Look for more torrents than direct downloads.

I also just put up my list and traded for what I had.

I know the Jurassic Park PDF complete score (missing like 1 cue) is on emule.

~Andy

Yup (although it's missing pages. It's irritating being caught up in a cue like "Journey to the Island" and then noticing that six pages are mysteriously absent). Still, it's a fascinating study. It's amazing how intricate the music is. Schindler's List is also there (although I haven't seen the movie so I'm not sure if it's complete or not).