Highlander soundtrack

moldovia

I just recieved the "Highlander - The Original Scores" CD just for the 5 Michael Kamen tracks. Now I have read that Warner Bros.,back in 86 (?), released a full score to this movie in the US. Anyone seen this? Anyone own it? Cheers.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigh...

With the exception of the Highlander compilation that featured music from the first 3 Highlander films, there has never been a legit release of the Michael Kamen score for this film.

No need to "sigh",I have the compilation from the first 3 movies...do u think I am a fool? :huh: As I pointed out in my first post I have the CD with the 5 Michael Kamen tracks on it.

This one http://www.tower.com/details/details.cfm?wapi=105868941

• 7 years later...

Upping this old thread, as it's the only one I could find on the topic.

I'm not an expert on Highlander, the film or the music. I only own the above mentioned album with selections from those three scores. I do love last tracks from Kamen's score though, and I've been meaning to pick up Queen's A Kind of Magic, which contains the songs the band did for the film, although not all the same versions apparently.

Anyway, I just saw that last week the iTunes Store added deluxe editions from Queen's catalogue. A Kind of Magic includes a "Highlander version" of the titular song, which I presume is the film arrangement. Here's a link (for the US store).

EDIT: Just realized this edition was actually released in 2011 and has been on Amazon for a while. Not quite news after all then.