Happy Birthday, Composer Brian Tyler

macuser02

In honor of composer Brian Tyler's Birthday, today, May 8, 2008, I thought we could look back on some of his scores and talk about them. I'll start! -Timeline-

A great score and one of my favorite Tyler action scores. my favorite tracks are the main titles, battlefield revealed and troops in the fog, for starters.

I love the score he has done for: tokyo drift, timeline, avp-r, and so on...

i would love to work with him one day, he is amazing.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Birthday to a composer who is definitely one (or sometimes two) steps above the typical MV/RC level, but who has considerably long way up to the level of guys like Powell, Howard, Giacchino to name few.

Chris, who owns only Children of Dune and Partition.

Happy Birthday to a composer who is definitely one (or sometimes two) steps above the typical MV/RC level, but who has considerably long way up to the level of guys like Powell, Howard, Giacchino to name few.

I disagree, I think his upside is even better than Giacchino and Powell. I think that fact that JW has been a fan a supporter of Brian Tyler speaks alot for him. Like Giacchino, he's just now beginning to tap into his potential.

I have always said Brian Tyler is the next John Williams. Watch Timeline and see how he understands film scoring as no other. His skills are recognized by such composers as Jerry Goldsmith and John Williams himself.

I have always said Brian Tyler is the next John Williams. Watch Timeline and see how he understands film scoring as no other. His skills are recognized by such composers as Jerry Goldsmith and John Williams himself.

how bout we stay away from so in so is the next John Williams, how about we let Brian be Brian, Giacchino be Giacchino, John Williams be the one and only, and Zimmer be a forgotten memory.(sorry couldn't resist the last part)

how bout we stay away from so in so is the next John Williams, how about we let Brian be Brian, Giacchino be Giacchino, John Williams be the one and only, and Zimmer be a forgotten memory.(sorry couldn't resist the last part)

Haha you are right of course but I just want to stress my respect for Tyler (in opposite of those he say he is MV crap).

I disagree, I think his upside is even better than Giacchino and Powell. I think that fact that JW has been a fan a supporter of Brian Tyler speaks alot for him. Like Giacchino, he's just now beginning to tap into his potential.

Well, I disagree with the first sentence and wholeheartedly agree with the last one. The time will tell which of them can really mean something. However my heart tells me it'll be Giacchino. Don't misunderstand me, I don't deny Tyler's potential, but none of his works impressed me the way Giacchino's have done. Perhaps it's a matter of personal preferences, on the other hand his (Tyler's) melodies are often indifferent to me and I find his albums way too long. They really drag, even these full of enjoyable music like Children of Dune and Alien vs. Predator: Requiem.

... oh, and Zimmer does write terrific scores, not all of them, but thare are certainly too many of them to discard him as a composer. (sorry couldn't resist the last part)