Copyright

hadopi

Hi !

I'm originally from France where the right wing government has started a campaign against illegal downloading and copyright infrigement.

Unfortunately for them they have been caught a few times using music without paying the proper taxes, which is quite cheeky to say the least !

One of the big bosses of this party uses the Raiders of the Lost Ark theme as the waiting music of his town hall, and I wondered if he had acquired the rights to them.

I know it sounds silly but it is quite a big deal if you stop and think of it.

Does anyone know who to contact to check this ?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/feb/24/nicolas-sarkozy-party-compensates-mgmt

33pR.png

Clicky

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help but be amused by this quote:

Bertrand was quick to respond, promising that MGMT will be paid. "The UMP is very respectful of copyright," he said in a statement. "Compensation has to be expected ... and we are presently looking at whether the band was fairly compensated."

Not only is "The UMP is very respectful of copyright" pure 'stock answer' crap (i.e. stating the absolutely damn obvious), but I'd love to see "we are presently looking at whether the band was fairly compensated" hold up in court for any normal individual.