Superman (1978) music in new Superman flick?

Pelzter

According to the IMDb (which, it has to be said, is not always as error-free as it should be), the new Superman flick, directed by Brent Ratner (Red Dragon) and set for release in 2004, will feature Williams music from the original 1978 film. Thoughts?

--Pelzter.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since scoring is one of the last things done on a picture and this one hasn't even started filming yet, I'm going to choose not to believe this. I don't think Williams' theme should be used though. His theme belongs in a different film series. This is a re-invention of the series, and everything should start fresh.

Neil

Me neither, Justin, but it's gonna happen whether we like it or not.

I just want it done well. The score won't possibly be as good as STM's, there's just no logical way, it's impossible. You can't improve on perfection.

I think if ANYTHING, it should maybe have somewhat of the classic Superman theme in it, much like the way the Batman Animated Series did with Elfman's score, it kinda used it a little but then it seguewayed into a whole new score that was pretty similar to the original theme but had it's own thing going.

Wasn't this the one that was supposed to have Jude Law as Superman???  

UGHHHH!!!!!  :)

No, I'm pretty sure that Law was a possibility for Wolfgang Peterson's Batman Vs. superman, which never left the ground.

So far Ratner's has no one signed as the man of steel.

No, I'm pretty sure that Law was a possibility for Wolfgang Peterson's Batman Vs. superman, which never left the ground.

So far Ratner's has no one signed as the man of steel.

Hmm.... Jude Law I'd like to see doing anything but he's not fitted for Superman.

*Logic error please reboot Morn.