About A.I. score and the Strauss part...

hellooo!!

I have big problem with aol and cant log on the forum(argh aol et php bb...) so Im posting in anonymous...

I know this question may have been asked bfore,but as I was listening to A.I. score during work,I was wondering if someone can tell me(if its "again",Im sorry,really...)the name of the Strauss track used for the Rouge City sequence,I have been looking for it for a very long time and cant find anyone to tell me what it is...

Thaaaaaanx again for the answer my mail is there:

mariemjs@aol.com

and sorry,thousand times,because I know that it has been already told...

MarieMJS.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not on the regular c.d.It,s the fanfaric bit as the car enters the "mouths" of the big bridges as they enter the city in the movie.It's on the 2 c.d. score academy promo,if you have a copy of that.

K.M.who just listened to some more unreleased music from A.I. crusher extracted from the DVD.

The piece of music is taken from Richard Strauss' lovely opera "DER ROSENKAVALIER"

Hitch :mrgreen: on top of Alma (she reading the script of my next movie which will be posted here quite soon)

"taken from Richard Strauss' lovely opera "DER ROSENKAVALIER"

thanx but by checking on amazon I have seen the opera you're talking about is on a 3 cd ( :mrgreen: ) so I was wondering if you would give me the exact name of the tracks,that would beee soooo cool...Im fond of classical music but have no disc of Strauss,and even if I would I couldnt buy the box set...

thaaanx so much by the way :)

MarieMJS.

I wonder if anyone here has the actual Strauss pieces.And if I wonder if it sounds as good as Williams adaptation.I know I like his take on the Mozart bit in Empire of the Sun better than the actual classical movement because Williams has a knack of making anything sund better in his orchestrations and putting his own music for some intervals.

While on i'm on the topic of classical adaptations,I just listened to The Planets recorded by the Bpops (courtesy of Crushercomix,who just sent me 25 cdr's :),making me the owner of pretty much all Williams piece that was ever recorded legally or not) )and I actually prefer it to other versions..louder woodwinds,chimes..like Williams does for his own music.

Yet another example would be When You Wish Upon a Star at the very end of CE3K S.E.,the tune actually sounds a lot better thn anywhere else I've heard it.

K.M.Rambling

:mrgreen: . TLW concert version ,LSO 1998,amazing re-written intro.

:mrgreen: . TLW concert version ,LSO 1998,amazing re-written intro.

I had no idea such a piece existed. How did you get a hold of it?

Ted

I got it from Crushercomix,as I mentionned,who got it from god knows where.Too bad the amateur recording is distant and hissy.The new intro sounds a bit like the thrilling Lost in Space season 3 opening credit "countdown" music .I hope Williams re-records TLW like that for a future compilation of Spielberg works.

I was lucky enough to be at those London concerts, And My God!!

That version of the Lost World theme absolutely blew me away!! it sounded 100 times more menacing and threatening than the Cd - I remember thinking, "Any moment now a T-Rex is going to jump out and kill us all!"

The snazzier intro and ending really added wonders to the piece!!!

It appears on one of Erich Kunzel's Cds too, (the spielberg one I think)

I really hope Williams records this piece again!!

pete (who would like to thank Chris again,for my CDRs too!!)