Instead of oscars...

...how about a sports like event, with K.O. rounds as 2 composers directly compete with each other for the next round.

Wouldn´t that be fun and great for the audience :( ?

Of course they all would conduct their score and more than 5 competitors would be needed, I would say 16 sounds good.

And rules shouldn´t allow "1st round Williams vs Goldsimth" etc. ROTFLMAO .

The particular score set aside, I bet Johnny would be devastating at such an event :) !

Imagine him "striking" the conducting "killing blow" at the climax of his best piece reserved for the final and winning it all :ola: !

This thought somehow came me when looking at this cool new picture on the left :( .

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm...this ground has more or less been covered by JoeinAr, with his brilliant Celebrity Deathmatch posts.

John Williams, James Horner Celebrity Deathmatch

Celebrity DeathMatch II, the sequel, Jerry vs John

Stefancos- still hoping for a Howard Shore versus Leonard Rosenman deathmatch. :ola:

Yeah, but they should do on-the-spot voting at the Oscars for the music awards. After all five composers conduct a three-minute piece of their score, the Academy members in the audience vote for their favorite.

The same for the songs. I think it would be a hoot.

Also, I think the home viewers should get their own award. We call in for the Best Picture of the Year, and the producers get a separate award. Maybe it wouldn't be an Oscar, but something similar, maybe shorter.

Or -- hey! -- how about an "American Idol" style show where the composers stand onstage after their scores are played, then Simon Cowell and company eliminates the contestants down to one.

Lots of good ideas. But I'll stick with the original plan: letting the Academy members vote for the wrong score.

Jeff -- who is certain that will happen this year