Did any one see Jerry?

Hi there JW fans !

Did anyone go and see Jerry Goldsmith conducting the London Symphony Orchestra at the Barbican Hall, London on 19-20th March?

I went on the second night and had a really good time although the attendance wasnt as good as I had anticipated. Mind you it was the opening day of hostilities so maybe this put off some last minute folks.

The percussion and strings were superb!

Whatdya think???

:music:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. I could only make the 2nd night though too. I was also suprised how small the Barbican theatre actually is. But so much the better. I thought i'd be seeing Jerry as a little dot in the distance. But at the pre-concert talk i was on the 2nd row right at the front. During the concert i was about 10 rows back and really enjoyed the closeness of his approach to the audience and also his little chats inbetween performances. My main reason for going had of course been for the ST Motion Picture suite. It was supeb. What a classic suite that is. Taking some of the best moments in the score. It really is amazing how short "floating office" seems when played live. But a few seconds of scoring masterpiece. I was impressed at how they replaced a lot of the electronic sounds with orchestral skill and replacing the beam etc. The performances of Spock Walk and Inner workings really got me into a closed eyed trance. Such beauty. I was transfixed. The suites of First Knight and such were lovely. A lot of the material i was not yet familar with , so it was a wonderful concert for a preview of his earlier works. I was extremely chuffed to hear "The Waltons" them..hehehe. Things like Mulan and Boys from Brazil were amazing. I had to grin when i saw some of the players wink at each other during a particulary frantic bit of string playing. They really seemed to enjoy it and had just as much of a good time as me :music: . I loved the Voyager theme live too. And i recognized the Dr Kildare theme even thought i had not known Goldsmith had composed it..hehe. Such a familiar theme. Supergirl was good too. I was not familiar with it. So much more that i cant remember. But i was very happy with the concert.

No, i bloody was NOT!!!

Stefancos- getting depressed

I expected that kind of reply :)

Why could'nt you make it by the way?. Working?

He said he would like to come back to the Barbican in Feb 04 btw :music:

;) How un-Christian of you :(.......;)

We all stood up in the concert, and thrusting our arms forward in unison, we chanted...

"Go Jerry....go Jerry...go Jerry"

Later on we wondered if we'd gone to see the right guy. Certainly as there we no hoes.