Who would like to be in the Boston Pops?

Ted

It's always been a far-fetched dream of mine to be a member of the Boston Pops. Living nearby, I've been to many concerts with my family, and I am simply in love with the group.

I play the saxophone and the clarinet...was a member of my high school band and jazz band. Actually, the father of one of our trumpeters is a member of the Pops (Thomas Rolfs--he is also known for being one of the two trumpets heard in harmony in "Hymn to the Fallen"). I'm going to college in less than a month as a freshman (Cornell), where I hope to participate in some music group. I'm pretty good, but I doubt I have the ability to be in the Pops. It's a dream for me, one that still ranks up there with astronaut, pilot, and all of those childhood dream careers!

Anyway, does anyone else have a desire or dream to be in a group like the Boston Pops? I think the biggest thrill for me would be playing a John Williams piece conducted by the man himself. That would be one of the ultimate "highs" for me.

-Ted

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So you have a band mate whos dad is Thomas Rolfs... That would seem to me like a perfect opportunity to meet John Williams... Have you ever "exploited" it ???