CNN "interviews" Gollum

nja

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh God. News show 2 Vandaag did an item about RotK today, and they just totally buggered up. They went on about how there is a certain similarity to The Matrix, because they're both trilogies, and they discussed how they both have a mythical quality and how they reflect small things in life, and how that's something people need nowadays. I guess they forgot there was epic cinema before. Anyone remember the Star Wars trilogy? And before that, there were Hollywood epics like Ben Hur and Lawrence of Arabia.

I wouldn't have mind so much if they didn't keep on giving wrong information. They said the premiere in Berlin was the world premiere (it wasn't, it was the European premiere; the world premier was December 1st in Wellington, New Zealand), and the subtitles had the most rediculous flubs in it: Sméagol was translated to Smeegle, and Arwen to Arowin. Honestly! Gits.

- Marc, thinks news shows should stay the f*ck away from movies, and leave it to film critics. :music:

I wish people would stop putting the story (books) down, they are really good, IMO we should be embracing the literature unlike these news organizations that are just ripping the story apart.