A third Christmas album by Williams?

Hector J. Guzman

Okay, here goes one wish I have: To have a third Christmas album by Williams that might have among others, music by Berlioz famous "L'enfance du Christ", Handel's "Hallelujah" from Messiah, Bizet's "L'Arlessiane"(though I do not know this one's relation with Christmas, they play it all the time), Vivaldi's Allegro non troppo from "Winter" Violin Concerto, and to balance it with more modern and/or secular part of Christmas, have a Carol of the Drum version with chorus and his own "Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas" from Home Alone 2

:) Herbert "March of the Toys" from Babes in Toyland

The Boston Pops Orchestra

John Williams

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good. That seems to be a more historical and non-traditional Christmas album with sounds really good. I also have that same problem trying to figure out why Farandole from L'Arlessiane is associated with Christmas. Maybe a great music history buff could help us out.

I want one with a great, sweeping orchestral version of Carol Of The Bells. If I recall, my family had an old 8-track version of it (probably done by Fielder & the BPO, but I'd have to look it up) on a Christmas compilation album. Anybody know if such a track is available on CD? I'd love JW to conduct a similar version. :ola:

Many of the selections Williams conducted at the annual Christmas concerts with the Pops were arrangements made specially for the Pops and Arthur Fiedler, but for recordings, the only one I could be sure of is "Christmas Festival" done by Leroy Anderson. I do not know of Billy May came with Williams, or he was already arranging while Fiedler was still there.