Clint Bajakian- game score composer for Indiana Jones

nja

A great link describing the work of Clint Bajakian who wrote the game score for Indiana Jones and The Emperor?s Tomb as well as several other mainstream titles. Includes sound bites from several of his games.

http://www.apple.com/pro/audio/bajakian/index.html

From the article . . .

?Bajakian pulled out all the stops for the Indiana Jones game. Like the archeologist hero, he faced daunting tests; chiefly, the legacy of John Williams, who scored the original movies. ?I regard him as our greatest film composer,? states Bajakian, ?so for me to be called on to work in the dramatic space he so brilliantly established was an exciting challenge.?

?The game was designed to emulate the style Williams established in the movies,? explains Bajakian, ?and to be an extension of those scores, so it wouldn?t strike game players as something detached from that beautiful repertoire of music.??

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Clint Bajakian's score to Star Wars Dark Forces is excellent. Kenneth Simonsen's mp3's are an amazing improvment to the original MIDI's.

There is some great adaptations of Williams original work in Dark Forces. It also includes Excellent original material. I really love the score. Which I wasn't expecting too. :nono:

His score for Outlaws is also excellent. The Last Gunfight is some of the best PC Game music I've heard. The theme is also very catchy.

He also worked with Michael Land on The Dig. Which I really enjoy as well.

Justin -Who thinks Clint Bajakian is the best composer working for LucasArts right now. (Giachino doesn't count he's a new kid. :nod: )

• 2 weeks later...
Kenneth Simonsen's mp3's are an amazing improvment to the original MIDI's.

No we are not talking about the MIDI's.

Justin - ;)

Maybe I'm not selective enough, but I think all the original soundtracks to Star Wars games are great (and the Indy games, but I haven't played the other LA ones).

Kenneth Simonsen's mp3's are an amazing improvment to the original MIDI's.

Yep, and he's planning a third version (which he will make after X-Wing and TIE Fighter; ahhh, good times).

And check the Soundtrack Site, they just posted Rogue Squadron, Rogue Leader, and Battle for Naboo (Rebel Strike's coming soon).

You can't access half of the Rogue Squadron score. A pitty considering it's the one I know from the game.

Justin

Yeah, the links are broken, but I'm sure that will be fixed soon.

It's ironic, because I had almost completed my own compilation of the Rogue Squadron soundtrack to send to the Soundtrack Site since they didn't seem to be doing anything about it. This one has some problems. though...a few of the tracks have the first half-second cut off, and other things like that.

check the Soundtrack Site, they just posted Rogue Squadron, Rogue Leader, and Battle for Naboo

What site is this? Can you post a link? I can find no decent downloads on this pimping Apple site. I've wanted a copy of the Rogue Squadron theme for aaaaages.

Rebel Strike has an INCREDIBLE main title (menu screen) sequence. I'm looking forward to the RS soundtrack as much as the Hook soundtrack I ordered on eBay. I mean, er...Hook moreso, of course.

Meh! The Rebel Strike and Rogue Squadron main themes are very derivative. Didn;t impress me at all.

OF course I demand more from scores like these for OBVIOUS reasons. :D

The music is derivative in the sense that it sound so much like all these "heroic themes" out there. Nothing unique, special or complex about it. Plus the melody itself is nothing memorable IMO.

Quite ironic considering your name. BUT, I see what you mean. If it wasn't synthed then I'd be listening to it now, but I find it just a bit too irritating. As for the theme itself, well the Rogue Leader menu music beats the original Rogue Squadron hands down, with simply better orchestration.

And may I pose a question...what hero themes don't bore you, since all the ones I've ever heard are all pretty much derivative of one another (just as much as this theme). And what might a new hero theme contain that wouldn't seem derivative?

Hey, guys, Rebel Strike is out. The arrangement of the main theme surpasses Rogue Squadron by miles, and it's quite a bit better than Rogue Leader as well.

I find it a bit too, dunno, 'upbeat'. More happy and less daring. The slower 'noble' part near the middle is a welcome addition, as is the more realistic-sounding synths.

Yeah, everything is pretty much realistic now, save for some awful brass.

It is pretty happy. Perhaps something not quite so upbeat would have better fit Rogue Squadron (the actual flight group), yes, but this piece of music is just thrilling to listen to.